[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bed Bugs Extermination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: videotogif_2016.10.20_03.38.55.gif (289KB, 409x384px) Image search: [Google]
videotogif_2016.10.20_03.38.55.gif
289KB, 409x384px
I have a bedbug infestation, and I need something cheap and guaranteed to work. These sashays keep me awake at night and stain my bedsheets and blankets with blood-shit.

Anything that's good for spraying on walls/beds/carpets/etc. and won't harm me or my family.
>>
>>1073280
>cheap
>guaranteed to work
>won't harm me or my family

This attitude tends to lead to prolonged suffering. Take it seriously.
And if you're renting, it's the landlord's problem, at least in some places.
>>
>>1073280
diatomaceous earth in a squeeze bottle, mist and cover the edge and corners of the bed and all the nooks and crannies nearby

it will be dusty as fuck and everything should look white but the more coverage the better

also inspect the bed and bedsheets every day, look into the little folded areas along the elastic edges that is where they usually nest in, then nuke the area with the earth
>>
File: 1476807399065.png (415KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1476807399065.png
415KB, 612x612px
>>1073285
Literally looked up "diatomaceous earth" and in 5 sec I learned that it's the fucking bane of all small insects. I'm going fucking Crusades on these bastards.
>>
>>1073287
just try not to breath it in while you mist the area, but as long as it is settled afterwards you can touch it/sleep on it without issue
>>
and for good measure, cover your exposed skin (arm legs neck, maybe face if you want) with it while you sleep

this is probably overly done but this will kill anything (ie bugs) that come in direct contact with you

also you will need to shower to get rid of it
>>
>>1073290
I'm probably just going to lightly cover my bed and coat my carpet, and let it sit for a day. Hopefully that'll get rid of them.
>>
>>1073290
And also D͒ͯ̀̂ͣ̐͐ͫͦ̐͡͠͏͙̮̬̦̰̲̼̖͉͠͠Ę̖͍̪̖̭̳̺͓̳̦̳̦̩͎͕͔̪̊̊̊ͮ͋̐̿͡͡S̾͊̈́͋ͩ͗̃̓̌̒̔̃͏̷̘͕̟̳̬̫̺̤̪͝Ţ̓̓ͨͨ͛̀͒̆̌ͫ͞͏̷̣̘̘̖̗̪̹̤̜R̢̞͍̰͕̭̞̼̱̲͓̹̼̪̜̬̒̿̿̎ͣ̈ͪ̚͘̕O̘͔͙̟̳̮̰͕͂ͮ̒̅̒̕͝͡Ỳ̧ͯͮ́̂̌͊̐ͧ͑̄̚͏̥͖̫̟̝̜͔̰̳̥͞ their nests
>>
>>1073291
you probably need 2 weeks to get to the unhatched eggs etc
>>
>>1073291
>I'm probably just going to lightly cover my bed and coat my carpet, and let it sit for a day. Hopefully that'll get rid of them.
you're gonna have bedbugs until you call an exterminator, dude.

diatomaceous earth isn't really a great inhalation risk, because it tends to clump like flour.
And while it does kill bugs--it takes a LONG time, and the bugs have to walk around in it and get it on themselves. The way bedbugs live (on the undersides of furniture) this isn't going to work.

some people in 3rd world countries use regular insect-contact sprays, watered down a bit.
They stink tho and they're not really rated for indoor use, but it beats getting eaten by bedbugs every night. I guess.
>>
>>1073316
>exterminator
they don't have any magic, there is nothing they do you cannot do
>>
>>1073321
They don't have magic, but they can do their job properly instead of half-assing it. And OP seems to prefer half-assing.
>>
File: topesttop.jpg (60KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
topesttop.jpg
60KB, 500x364px
>>1073280
Anon I had some and what I did was wrap my mattress in plastic and leave it wrapped. I also bought a cheap steamer and steamed the mattress the baseboards , the outlets and the corners of the ceilings, the heat kills the bugs and eggs. After I steamed I sprayed everything I steamed with lysol. Also you need to grab all your clothes all your blankets and pillows and wash them and dry them in a dryer at high heat. Do all this and you will be rid of them. Repeat washing your bedding and drying in high heat every 2 weeks. good luck
>>
>>1073321
hotel worker here in this instance they do have chemicals the average joe doesn't have. i think you need a license for either of the two indoor chemicals
>>
>>1073287
do not breathe that shit in, do not touch with your bare hands, and if you have small children or pets you shouldn't use it.
>>
>>1073372
>Heat

Some places will just heat the shit out of your home or building for a week instead of fucking around with chemicals.
>>
>>1073280
Get a bottle of Cimexa, don't get Diacetameous earth as humidity renders it shit. Also get yourself some bedlam, bedlam plus and mattress covers. If not mattress covers you need to cover your mattress with plastic like you use to cover windows and put your fitted sheet over that.
>>
>>1073280
Hi OP, I don't know about your country regulations, but I used Cypermethrin, is an insecticide widely used for crops, I got from a "farmer's store" (don't know the name of those in english), its relatively save but use gloves and a mask to apply it
it will stay on the surface you apply it for a couple of months, so it will help with the bedbugs because they keep respawning, kill all you can see first, and the eggs, they should be on the walls/corners next to the infested places, then blast the walls, bedbox and every entrance to rooms (might not be safe enough to lick the walls but once its dry it will be relatively safe), also put the clothes and stuff in the drier at a high temp, if they are too invaded discard them, that last thing applies to everything in your house.
>>
>>1073287

Be sure to get "food grade" diatomaceous earth.
>>
>>1073280

here anon watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9YSUxwyL3c&list=FLpckrEt8ESGvZ9pfcsM-jPA&index=7
>>
>>1075149
You can tell a lot about a person just by hearing their voice and seeing their hands.
Based on this I believe this youtuber is overweight.
>>
>>1073280
You'd have to google it, but Co2 traps.
Step one:
Get all people and animals sleeping in a secure area.
generally by putting the feet of the bed in ziplocks in a Tupperware filled with talc powder, run cloth/tape as a ramp into Tupperware. They climb in, can't get out, n die. Run scotch tape around the walls, so they can't climb above a certain point. Change anything that can't be put in the dryer on high, and that might be contaminated. Usually this means at least a new mattress. Repeat for each person in the house. You may also need te replace a computer chair, and secure that area too, if you spend significant time on the computer.

Step 2:
Create co2 traps (bedbugs find animals and people by the co2 the produce), and bait them into talc traps.

If you like in an apartment, contact your landlord immediately, after the exterminator comes, plug holes where walls meet floor with steel wool, the cover with tape before step 1 and 2.
>>
OP I'm proud to say I've beat these fuckers.
DO NOT USE AEROSOLS ON THE ROOM
it will just drive them into the walls, foors, anywhere they can fit.
I was a HAZMAT guy for 18 yrs so I handled them like a Haz guy would.
First i contained the area. Tape off the doors or any way they can get into any other part of the house.
Seal all the penetrations in the room. Chalk around the heat pipes w/ heat resistant chalk.
Decontaminate everything. You're going to have to clean everything in the room. Blankets, sheets, clothes ect. Now use the aerosols when you plastic bag everything to take to the wash. Spray in the bags and seal tight. The laundry cycle will kill them but remember to put the dryer on high temp.
When you leave the room, strip down and wash those clothes. Shower isn't a bad idea.
Cont....
>>
Diamasious earth is the way to go. Put it everywhere, especially in the gaps in the floorboards, electrical outlets ect.
I got sick of paying for the expensive stuff so I stopped buying the food grade. You can get the big 5lb bags cheap.
Now I did what they tell you not to do. I moved out of the room and left it sealed for 8 months.
Place traps in the room and check them after a while to see how its going.
You can make your own traps w/ sugar and yeast if you want to save money or just buy them at Home depot, or ebays cheaper.
Now I have a waterbed so I had to drain it and bag it. I would suggest buying a new matress but there are ways to seal yours if you can't afford that.
Then after the traps are coming empty, clean, vac and wash the fuck out of every thing in the room as the eggs can live for months before they hatch.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.