[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

electrical oven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: piekarnik.jpg (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
piekarnik.jpg
21KB, 350x350px
Hello,
recently i bought an electrical oven, it warms up nicely, however there's a huge issue with it-
the oven is incredibly loud, it's almost as loud as a washing machine. Up to this day i've always had gas ovens. Is this normal for electrical ovens to be this loud ? (it begins to be loud 20-30 seconds after I start it to work). If it is not normal, what can be damaged inside ?
Best regards,
Dynio
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>1073263
Did you buy it new or used? Does it have a convection fan? Bearings in the fan could be going bad. Just guesses.
>>
and what is that ? a Microwave? How am I supposed to bake anything in a microwave?
>>
Yes im guessing the fan too - > I've bought it new.
THe problem is -> IDK how to get to it to check it
>>
>>1073271
>bought it new
Ring the place you bought it from, have one of their people come take a look. Maybe they'll get you a new one, maybe they'll fix the one you have, maybe it's normal sound for that model.
>>
there's probably a switch to turn convection off. if you cant find it, just stick a chopstick in the blades before you turn it on. if there's no noise, then it's the fan. anyway, it's kind of obvious, since it's the only moving part, unless there's an old-school motorized timer.
>>
>>1073263
electric ovens shouldn't be particularly loud.
It's probably a bad convection fan, change it
>>
If it does it on convection bake then check the convection fan. If it does it on all cycles then it's likely the cooling fan for the control compartment... you can check the convection fan by taking the guard off and giving it a good spin by hand... if it's quiet then it's probably the cooling fan.... since their really isn't much else on an oven that moves.... only other motor is usually a tiny one for the door lock.... maybe post model # if you want better help you filthy heathen
>>
>>1073275
Also if you bought it new then do this... 1st year is usually under manufacturer warranty.... check the back of your owners manual
>>
load as a washing machine?
does it heat up food just a little bit instead of piping hot?
op sorry to say you have accidentally bought a tumble drier
>>
It's not a convection fan, it's the fan that vents the oven, preventing the outside from getting too hot. Maybe it's faulty or resonates something.
>>
>>1073276
>only moving part,
Most of these have cooling fans. Especially the in-counter variants.

Mode also matters. Usually you can cook most stuff without convection (hot air mode), that should reduce noise.

That being said, unless your washing machine is amazingly quiet, I'd get a second opinion on your oven. Don't try to fix it yourself if you're covered by warranty etc etc yada yada
>>
>>1073263
Is it a belling? If so they are shit now and mine sounds like a beat up public bus idling and makes clanking sounds as the metal expands and contracts.
>>
>>1073263
OP, it was simply poorly stored where you bought it, and mice have nested in the insulation. when you heat it up they clamor around.

to fix it just run the self cleaning function a few times if your stove has one. eventually they will be cooked to death and die and eventually start to smell bad.
>>
>>1073550
Topkek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.