[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Do I Make A Satellite To Contact Aliens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Maybe just a home-mad satellite that I can send signals in the air. The title is a joke, but I still want to send signals with it. I have: One foot of thin copper wire from head-phones, two old intact phones I don't need anymore, one TV that can't produce light so I don't need it anymore, a pile of hangers, a pile of forks, and sheets of aluminum. Any help?
>>
You need to read about the fcc laws about broadcasting. They limit frequency and power for hobby broadcasting.

Your best bet is a HAM radio which you need a license to operate. It's a niche group of diyers that get into it but they're OK folks.
>>
>>1073177
What are you wanting to transmit? Hopefully nothing that would end with you getting assfucked with a huge dildo by the FCC right?
>>
>>1073177
I haven't seen E.T. since I was a kid but I vaguely remember a record player and a circular saw blade being involved. Do you have a record player and a saw blade?
>>
>>1073185
Could they figure out where it's coming from?
>>
>>1073185
Isn't fcc an organisation in 1/197 part of the countries in the world? So it may not be an issue. Also OP. Your question, like this answer is truly and utterly silly!
>>
>>1073177
How do you intend to get your "satellite" into orbit?
>>
>>1073239
Jesus

Of course they can track where the fuck a radio signal is being emitted from. Please read up on some basic radio tech
>>
try this m8
http://www.keshefoundation.org/
guy claims he was nominated space jesus by aliens he can now talk with through this thing
it also cures cancer and generates free energy and shit like that
>>
File: attachment[1].png (15KB, 519x598px) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].png
15KB, 519x598px
>>1073177

That antennae is used for receiving broadcast tv signals. It's supposed to be 4 bay instead of the 3 pictured. The crossovers between each bay limits the size of wavelength of signal received. That mesh is totally unnecessary due to the dish right fucking there. The balun is in the wrong fucking place. Is that fucking speaker wire? Good god.

What is this, some kind of joke? And you want to transmit? Nobody wants to hear your message. The FCC can and will take down your broadcast. I know this. A friend used to run a 1w pirate station. FCC came by and politely shut him down. Told him if he ever fired back up his gear that they'd be back and would bring the hammer down.
>>
>>1073177
You don't. The power required to overcome attenuation at those distances would be absurd and not even viable for humanity to do.

Your best bet is to build 1,000s of solar-orbiting devices that block the sun on the side facing the area of space you wish to communicate. The devices would be panels that open and close to make the sun into a giant lighthouse/signal light. Then you can toss out 1s and 0s until some other star blinks back at you.

Don't hold your breath and remember, "attenuation is a bitch!"
>>
>>1073300
>Set up an array of transmitter in the woods
>middle of fucking nowhere
>blast them illegal frequencies
>sensors to detect cars and people
>as soon as they get close enough to one, turn it off
>turn another one on somewhere else, maybe a mile away
>they get pissed, chasing the signals for weeks
>????
>profit
>>
Pls send a sos cry for help. Only alien's can save us now.
>>
>>1073434
It doesn't work that way. They only need to triangulate the signal and they don't need to be near it to do that. Finding hardware in the woods using triangulated data would be pretty easy.
>>
>>1073494
^This

This isn't the 50's anymore. They send out their little party vans and boom you are done kiddo.
>>
>>1073420
>until some other star blinks back at you
Hope you're planning to live a long life.
>>
>>1073376
it's an unrelated image ripped off google just to be able to start a thread you fuckin autist
>>
>>1073494
>>1073515
Yeah I don't know shit about transmitters, just a troll. Maybe hide them underground or high in a tree
>>
>>1073609
>hide them underground
BRILLIANT
>>
>>1073591
>Don't hold your breath

Radio travels at the same speed I'm afraid.
>>
File: hiding thread.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hiding thread.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>1073599
you just made my bingo.
>>
>>1073241

Every major country has an FCC-like entity to regulate the airwaves.

Read a fucking book
>>
>>1073177
Aliens don't use radio. Radio is too slow (limited to c). They use optical communications through Einstein-Rosen Bridges.
>>
>>1073980
You could just say 'wormhole'. The general public knows how they work now.
>>
>>1073980
How are you so certain? Isn't it all still unproved theoretical fantasies that might not even work?
>>
>>1074186
>still unproved theoretical fantasies

To you, maybe. To an alien high school student, it's a science fair project.
>>
>>1074190
I imagine they might have something that doesn't require the energy equivalent of all the matter in universe.
>>
>>1074206
>doesn't require the energy equivalent of all the matter in universe

Of course. The energy needed to sustain a wormhole is roughly equivalent to the energy passed through it. If you are teleporting matter, it takes E=mc^2 to keep it open. If you are only passing milliwatts of optical energy through it as a purely communications device, it could be battery operated.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.