[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to make a cone shape out of fabric, as in Figure A. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: CONE.png (8KB, 585x315px) Image search: [Google]
CONE.png
8KB, 585x315px
I need to make a cone shape out of fabric, as in Figure A. The cone will be made from two panels as in Figure B. How do I figure the amount of curvature for the sides marked with red arrows in Figure B? Is there some sort of calculator site where I can input the dimensions and it would tell me how far in or out the minor axis would be from the major axis?
>>
I'll answer your question tomorrow, too busy today, it'll probably take a good 15 minutes for me to write out everything you need to know
>>
>>1072856
Is this a trick question? The answer is none. No curvature. The edges marked should be straight.
>>
Why are you so fucking lazy?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cone+calculator
>>
>>1072892
No, if they are straight you will end up with two peaks and two valleys on each end. Make something like Figure A out of paper and tape, then cut it and flatten the pieces out. You will see that there are curves on the ends.
>>
>>1072910
Oh.
>>
>>1072856
http://craig-russell.co.uk/demos/cone_calculator/
>hurr durr how do i use google
>>
Alright guys, I've figured it out. Thanks for the calculator, but I used a different method. I built the cone in sketchup and then used an extension called "Unwrap and Flatten Faces" to flatten half of the cone into a 2d shape, then got my measurements from there. Hope that helps anyone else that might run into a similar problem in the future.
>>
>>1072856
Cones like this are sections of circles. So, just use a big protractor.

I've done this for sewing using string and tack
>>
File: diy hat.jpg (7KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
diy hat.jpg
7KB, 276x183px
Worked out pretty good.
Thanks agian for the help
>>
>>1073430
Always glad to help the KKK.
>>
File: 5eNXyrw.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
5eNXyrw.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>1073430
>>
File: 1372857441470.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1372857441470.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>1073430
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.