[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I test these tubes without tube tester. What kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tubes.jpg (299KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
tubes.jpg
299KB, 1600x899px
How can I test these tubes without tube tester.

What kind of projects can i make with these, audio-light projects very welcome
>>
ECC83s are called 12AX7 in the states.
You could make a preamplifier with these.
AZ41 are rectification tubes.
If you have 4 of them you could use them as a rectifier for said amp, why you would want to is beyond me.

The rest of the tubes are either too mangled to use or too manhandled to read on that image.
Post manufacturers and part numbers and i might look them up.

Otherwise just wire them and make a night light.
>>
>>1072460
how to wire them to make night light?
>>
>>1072453
so far the tubes are
philips:
az41
ecc83
ecc81
telefunken:
stv 85/10 og3 * 2
ec92
pl81
telam:
el84
tungsram:
ef86
sylvania:
GD ahg 5726
>>
>>1072464
I hate this meme
>>
>>1072468
Make one of those lunch box guitar amps, Ecc83 in the preamp, el84 in the power amp section. Enjoy your new 20-ish watt tube amp or sell it?
>>
>>1072464
Depending on the tube. Look up the data sheet. Check filament voltage. Apply said voltage to filament pins.
Use as nightlight.

az41 - full wave rectifier. Pretty much useless with current diode prices. Can be used in a bridge.

ECC83 - Used as preamplifier in many American amplifiers.

ECC81 - Pretty much the same thing different bias

stv85 - Voltage regulator. Used in pairs with the rectifier to avoid having more rectifiers. Useless

ec92 - Is an amplifier mixer and oscillator tube. Used in radio receivers to demodulate. Its good if you want to make a radio but these tend to drift a lot.

pl81 - Push pull audio tube. Could be used as amplifier but it was mostly used in TV sets without transformers.

el84 - used as amplifier tube.

ef86 - Used as preamplifier tube.

5726 - Signal diode. Used in detection equipment. Usually radar. Useless if its not paired.
>>
>>1072453
dunno how tubestester work, but this is what i'd do.

is the barium white instead of shiny? throw it away.

if not:
ohm the heaters for a start.

then test by setting up a simple triode stage, seeing if the pull current at all.
[read the datasheets]

then dial in a semi decent bias and see if it can amplify a signal.

the powertubes will can of coarse source a lot more current, but the prinsiple is the same.
pentodes screengrids should be fine by just hooking them up high tension through 1k.
>>
>>1072453
Any project you could make will take enough time and cost enough money that it'll deserve good tubes, not some old-old stock you have lying around. And i honestly wouldnt trust them in anything by the way they look, ive blown more than a fair share of fuses from spontaneous tube failure.

A couple of those tubes failed pretty harshly, if you dont calculate your over current protection correctly when buildong something simply plugging those in could be enough to destroy something.

Really, if you want to build a small amp you could start with something simple, based around a 12A*7 and an el34, something low power you can get a cheap used transformer for from a phonograph, tv, or hammond organ or whatever depending on what signal youre going to be amplifying. Make sure its a common type so you can eventually replace it with a nicer one if you really like the end product.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.