[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contracting when I'm not a Contractor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1472789393608.png (202KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
1472789393608.png
202KB, 585x560px
So my neighbor wants me to landscape his yard and is paying me a few thousand dollars for materials and labor...but I'm not a contractor and I don't have a license. In the state of California any project that cost more than $500 requires a contractor's license.

Do I risk the potential legal hassle to make a quick buck or what?
>>
are you white? if so just bring a Mexican friend with you
>>
>>1072165
to give the illusion that I'm a contractor or what?
>>
>>1072162
get him to pay you 499.99 dollars and a blow job from his daughter
>>
who's going to nark on you?

if you're that worried, itemize it up into separate "projects" with a $500 limit on each....
>>
>>1072183
>who's going to nark on you?
you're right
>>
>>1072183
Judges are not impressed by this. May as well just do it with a handshake and cash and not leave a paper trail.
>>
>>1072188
true

as long as you're comfortable enough to trust the other person to pay
>>
>>1072188
>May as well just do it with a handshake and cash and not leave a paper trail.
No kidding, I'm sure my neighbor will be down for that too

More of a general question for anyone, how do I get a license without the necessary experience? is it even possible?
>>
>>1072192
give Jose half your $499.99 and the blowjob from your neighbor's daughter.
>>
Make them buy all materials. That will help
>>
>>1072198
>give Jose half your $499.99 and the blowjob from your neighbor's daughter.

That's stupid. Blow him yourself (/bhy/) and you won't have to pay the daughter.
>>
>>1072162
>Stealth tax
>Falling for it

You don't need a licence to shovel shit.
>>
>>1072183
>getting 5-10 for structuring on top of your fines

Stop being a cucked bitch and just take the cash, OP
>>
>>1072162
Receive 500 USD as the pay from the job and the rest of the money as a birthday gift in an envelope.
>>
File: animated you are this mad.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
animated you are this mad.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>1072162
>any project that cost more than $500 requires a contractor's license.

Are you shitting me?

Jesus it's fucking true. California sucks, I gotta get the hell out of here.
>>
Laaaanddd of the frrrreeeeeeeeee
>>
File: carpenter1.jpg (58KB, 460x529px) Image search: [Google]
carpenter1.jpg
58KB, 460x529px
>>1072162
a homeowner can do whatever to their home without a license, so long as it passes inspections.

so you have the homeowner pull the permits. you do the work, and then you be the helpful guy from next door when its inspection time.

works done, inspections passed, you get paid, alls good

send pics of the daughter plz

also you dont need experience to get a contractors license. you just have to take a very long boring detailed test, and submit a sizeable check to the state for said license
>>
>>1072902
Again I'm amazed? What kind of contractors licence? You live in Bolivia or in some other third world shit hole where bribes are standard?
>>
>do side jobs
>3k to trim house on the side
>no license
>1099 misc filed on taxes

No problems yet.
>>
I love that I don't live in Cali. I've made almost 200k this year contracting various services. What's a license? :)
>>
>>1074259
What why are you replying to me.

I'm heckling yanks - I live in an actual country with actual sense. No licence needed, just don't fuck up or you'll go to court...
>>
Easy way around this, have him call the city and tell them you are family doing this as a favor...PROFIT
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.