[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want advice from american for buying american bandsaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 81McivEs9LL._SX522_.jpg (28KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
81McivEs9LL._SX522_.jpg
28KB, 522x522px
In Japan, you can only buy small bandsaw,
I'm searching one $~700 that capable of sawing atleast a 15inches wood longitudinally.

this will be my first bandsaw, I can search it on my own, but just want some advices from you guys?
>>
>>1071794
>longitudinally
wat?

try and find a used one, I scored a 4" one for $10
>>
>>1071794
You mean height, like cutting distance between the table and the end of the exposed blade? Generally manuals will refer to that as capacity or something similar.

Are you trying to resaw planks? The bandsaw size is not what youre looking at. Like the cheap 9" bandsaw that a lot of companies offer may not allow for anything wider than a 2x4(3 1/2") to be resawn.

Or do you mean that you need a table needs to be wide enough to accomodate 15"?

Either way, start looking at 18" band saws. You might have to add a couple extra hundred bones depending on what your used market looks like locally. If you find that 18" is larger than you need, look at 14"
>>
>>1071844
I forgot to add, if you need more capacity you can find riser blocks for most band saws
>>
>>1071805

>4"

He's talking more like 14"
>>
>>1071805
He's in Japan trying to buy a tool that costs us like 150. Where is he going to find a used one?

Japanbro, give me an idea of what shipping costs would be from US to slantland for about 30 pounds. You could get someone to ship you one from the US for cheaper than 900, I would bet.
>>
>>1071794
Make your own OP.
They sell kits for a couple hundred bucks (designs and the small miscellaneous parts).
You just need the steel tubing, a welder and a chainsaw.
>>
>>1071912

If he contacts DHL pretty sure he can get this set up for less than 100 bucks, so.

It is doable.
>>
>>1071964
I'm just curious how he has room to do this. My manga tells me all Japanese people live in tiny apartments in big cities. Also, they're all high school girls, with the exception of a few males who run the harems.
>>
>>1071971

Your chinese cartoons did not lie to you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.