[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 23.jpg (271KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
271KB, 1280x1280px
Are there any games that can make you better at understanding mechanics, electrics, or other DIY stuff?

Like, physics games for fundamental building principles, or quizzes about materials and plants.
>>
Something I've found related to this are all of these informative slideshows:

http://electronics.wisc-online.com/

It has a ton of quiz questions, but I'm also looking for something a bit more interactive.
>>
>>1071550
no
>>
>>1071550
that is a fire / CO hazard

even if it does not ignite the blanket could smoulder in you sleep because if it's fire retardant treatment and kill you with carbon monoxide

Please contact the photographer and tell them that they are in danger
>>
No games, but studies show that simulations/applets help students learn concepts. See PhET
>>
File: mr-robot-head[1].jpg (25KB, 550x608px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot-head[1].jpg
25KB, 550x608px
>>1071550
>Like, physics games for fundamental building principles..
Like, minecraft? Theres games/sims for everything, from rocket science downwards - you probably asking in the wrong board tho. For electrical, etc. better building some real-life that'll-teach-em toys - pic related, wire it to 230v - teaches both hand-to-eye co-ordination, and that electricity is dangerous.
>>
just approach a textbook how you approach a game
>>
>>1071639
I can't 360 no scope a book and call it a faggot
>>
>>1071577
if they were leds itd be fine, but they look like filaments
>>
>>1071642
They were talking about the heater. People always do that shit and it's dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>1071550
Come over Engineering Games General (/egg/ on /vg/) for more reccomendations.
BTW, Besiege is a good starting point for mechanical/structural shit, if you can withstand the CLANG.
>>
little big planet is pretty neat to play round with wiring logic and physics
>>
Minecraft
>>
>>1071641
Not with that attitude you can't

You can do anything you put your mind to
>>
>>1071641
Nigger you didn't even try.
>>
>>1071786
dont take this advice, it's all games with arbitrary number mechanics for sci-fi bullshit

play you some Garry's Mod. you'll have to have a handle on basic mechanics and basic programming to make anything decent, but you can start off with just trebuchets or whatever. the coding is pseudo-lua, it's got the same structure but it has a library and lots of game-specific functions
>>
File: 1419811388620.jpg (8KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
1419811388620.jpg
8KB, 220x276px
>>1071643
>Putting a blanket next to a 50*C radiator is a fire risk
>>
>>1071641
That is exactly what I've been doing over the last weeks.

Exam season. It's kill or be killed with textbooks.
>>
>>1072010
What do you think of Kerbal Space Program for orbital mechanics?
>>
Dont waste time, if you want to learn how the world works pick up a rock and throw it. Then pick up a knife and try whittling to start faggot
>>
File: super-solvers-gizmos-gadgets_1.gif (35KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
super-solvers-gizmos-gadgets_1.gif
35KB, 640x400px
I weep for the youth, for they will never feel such joys playing it for the first time.
>>
>>1071550
Minecraft with the right mods, rotorcraft being a good one to teach torque, power and rotation.

Kerbal space program is a good one to teach orbital mechanics.

Radio shack wiring boards were fun for me as a kid but I never bothered to learn what I was wiring.

The Incredible Machine line of games teaches problem solving in a way.
>>
>>1072722
THAT'S IT! A few weeks ago the memories of playing this on computers at elementary school popped back into my head, but for the life of me I couldn't recall the name. Occasionally since then it'd come up again, mostly while driving or doing something where I couldn't google its details to figure it out.
>>
>>1072890
check /vr/ I have had successful answers in threads dedicated to lost memories
>>
>>1072573
Looks like it is a kerosene heater to me
>>
Hardware engineering on steam. Basically wiring diagram the game. Gives you a scenario, then you need to arrange components and wiring from scratch to meet that scenario.
>>
OP, the definitive answer to your question is: garrysmod

Get wiremod from the steam workshop and start working. This game is the reason I was always way ahead in school and to this day I still play.
>>
File: comfy-again.jpg (847KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
comfy-again.jpg
847KB, 1280x1280px
>>1071550
sorry, had to make this
please continue with your discussion
>>
File: 1445227287682.jpg (89KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
1445227287682.jpg
89KB, 600x663px
>>1072573
That one! 50*C is not even enough to burn your dick!
>>
>>1074048
m8, have you ever been in a house? That's a normal radiator
>>
File: Screenshot_20161023-180911.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161023-180911.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>1074633
No it's not

Pic related normal home radiators
>>
>>1074666
either someone would put a fire heater inside a fitted hole in the wall without any ventilation and put a bed next to it and then take a picture before killing himself

or

you are just too fucking dumb to tell it is a normal heater
>>
>>1071550
Garry's mod.
>physics
>simple programming and logic
>arguable structural strength (roughly)
>tons of mod capabiity
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/504210/
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.