[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hit indicator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: OP failing at circuitry.png (13KB, 593x511px) Image search: [Google]
OP failing at circuitry.png
13KB, 593x511px
Hello /DIY/

I wan't to build a "hit indicator". So what I am trying to build is a unit that senses (vibration sensor thingy?) bullet hitting plywood and indicating that hit by shining a light for 3-10 seconds.

The thing is that I can't for shit understand circuit making or electricity in general. My thinking was that the battery charges a capacitor and releases that charge to a led or something like that. The release is done by transistor and a vibration sensor.

I know my drawing will not work but I can't wrap my little mind around the problem.

The reason why I'm building this is that my local range banned steelplates other than the ranges plates (which you need to pay to use). So I'm trying to out jew them.
>>
>>1071535
http://makezine.com/projects/make-40/vibration-sensors/
>>
>>1071535
Hook up one of those cheap "piezo bender" sensors to an op amp buffer and then a gain stage. Fix the sensor to whatever you want to measure the vibrations from. Also be sure to ESD the shit out of the input stages, those sensors can output kV if hit too hard
>>
>>1071535
What is polymer.
not shill, but like these newboldtargets.com
Lots of shooting stores carry similar things.
>>
File: here we go again.png (3KB, 430x274px) Image search: [Google]
here we go again.png
3KB, 430x274px
>>1071546
got way too complicated for my simple brain

>>1071559
sounds complicated but I will keep this option open. So the piezo generates electricity or what is the deal. my background is in hvac so only thing that I know is electricity is blue and hurts like hell (not counting general stuff)

>>1071603
already tried, sort off. Some guys were using 1 inch thick rubber slabs to shoot and they were told off. you can shoot paper targets for "free" but seeing your hits from 700m away is impossible on paper. Land is grassy so vortex is your only indicator if you are close. The group who runs the range (mind they don't own the land so double jewy of them) saw the opportunity to cash in.

So I did some thinking and came up with this:

There is a battery that is hooked to a transistor and then to a lamp/led. The lamp should not be on at this point
From battery there is a wire to a vibration sensor which when turned on charges a capacitor and activates the transistor. The capacitor discharges on delay keeping the transistor activated and the lamp/led shining. When the capacitor is depleted lamp should not be shining.

Would this work or am I retarded?
>>
What are you allowed to shoot? Wood blocks or something? If not metal then what?

Also use there a table or something?

Something you could do is soak the plywood in salt water, put a clamp on either side, then program an Arduino to measure resistance every 10 seconds, if it changes from the previous 10 seconds it lights some super bright green leds
>>
>>1071944
Btw doing it this way would allow you to just swap out the wood boards easily
>>
File: here we go again 2.png (3KB, 312x255px) Image search: [Google]
here we go again 2.png
3KB, 312x255px
>>1071944
cardboard and paper. Stands can be plywood or board. Nothing fun is allowed like balloons, clay disks etc. Those were the days when you would be able to do anything on that range but the group who is in charge went full retard. Land owner had no problem shooting balloons, steel etc.

I plan to build 6-8 of these things so more the simpler the better. Soaking plywood would be troublesome but thanks for the tip.

So what I need is PNP transistor. Need to calculate the capacitor and add few resistors to the mix so that I don't fry anything. Is the schematic workable?
>>
Have you tried just using a chronograph? Having the sensor readout also power a light when it reads something. In theory its effected detection range would be equal to the size of the target.

I'm not sure what the military uses for their qualification ranges, but it does roughly what you want. It just sends a signal to the guy running the show and has the ability to print what targets were hit and missed.
>>
OP
Something like this maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/Delay-Relay-Switch-Module-Timer/dp/B00VFUG3KK

Any low voltage DC Off Delay relay should work. Have constant voltage running to relay, use vibration sensor to trigger relay to close. Relay closes for set time (iluminating signal), after set time, relay opens, breaking signal circuit....
>>
File: lel wut.png (20KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
lel wut.png
20KB, 1152x648px
>>1072095
Thanks for the suggestion but setting a chrono behind a paper target sounds sketchy. Pic related.

>>1072115
Christ, I didn't know there was readily made component. Thanks man!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.