[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kitchen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: FH04OCT_LAMCOU_13[1].jpg (29KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
FH04OCT_LAMCOU_13[1].jpg
29KB, 450x355px
hey /diy/,
i'm doing a new kitchen in my apartment and i'll be setting a counter - wall to wall in one piece (it's a narrow kitchen). the walls are not really straight, naturally.
how do i go about fitting this thing?
>>
>>1071464
Depending on how big the gap is, you can use some filler goop (if it's not whole wood) or some kind of masking plank (unsure of english word).

Or do you mean that the walls are straight but not 90 degrees on the corner? Do you have the tools for long cuts? (guide rail etc)
>>
>>1071464

When I install counters, I do what you see in the pic, then use a small electric hand plane or jig saw to cut down close to my scribe line, then I use a belt sander to clean it up...
>>
what about your backspash
>>
File: 18.jpg (52KB, 650x472px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
52KB, 650x472px
>>1071464
>white trash particleboard countertops
>>
>>1071523
Fuck off. They work and don't move around too much. Cheap enough to use as a worktop, basically maintenance free, not 20000 kg heavy for when you need to replace it. Unlike marble, granite or oak.
>>
>>1071514
yeah I was gonna say cover it up with a backsplash.
>>
>>1071528
>Oak
>Heavier than particle board
Man, either you got some light as particle board or some heavy ass oak.

Butcherblock countertops amigo. Cheaper than stone, better than particle board, last the life of your house and easy to maintain.
>>
>>1071537
One day, friend.
>>
File: VB-220x220-kitchenworktops.jpg (15KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
VB-220x220-kitchenworktops.jpg
15KB, 220x220px
>>1071464
I know that feel.

Just put it as straight as you can then use some wall edging like in this picture.

Saves a lot of hassle trying to cut it to fit.
>>
>>1071523
>tfw living in a stick frame house with drywall and literally no 90 degree angle or straight walls at all.

There's like a 2-3 gap on one end of my kitchen counter because of that shit.

>tfw the house has moved and made it worse
>>
>>1071464
>apartment

Are you renting? Or do you mean condo or some other type of property in which you hold equity.
>>
>>1071464

scribe it, or this>>1071832
>>
ok, thanks all. i'll try to get it as flush as i can, and see where to go from there. i don't like edging, i'll see if i can just caulk/goop/whatever it if it's flush enough.
still gotta paint the kitchen and put the cabinets together before that...

>>1071511
that's the idea, but the counter is enclosed by walls on three sides. as in sturdy, not-drywall walls

>>1071901
i own my apartment... ? eastern-ish europe, that's common.

>>1071523
yup, particle board, it's not like it has to last forever.
>>
>>1072065
>i own my apartment... ? eastern-ish europe, that's common.
in the US that's a "condo" usually and "apartments" are almost always rentals
>>
>>1072065

This is pretty easy to desu...determine a counter overhang from the front face of the cabinet-lets call it 38mm, take the middle piece of your counter, and push it to the back wall getting it parallel to the front of the cabinets. You now draw your scribe line, cut and sand. The other two side (I'm assuming miters here), I usually place them in position with the mitre (not assembled though), and then go ahead and see where the counter sits best, then draw my scribe, cut/sand then assemble...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.