[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drywall hole fix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0723.jpg (2MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0723.jpg
2MB, 4000x2250px
got a hole in my internal drywall
about 3" by 5"
there was a previous fix, the splints are visible in the pic

I have to fix this so it's unnoticeable by friday for a quick property inspection

any tips?

is my best option for this to mesh and use compound or can I get away with something like paper mache and varnish or is that stupid?

thanks
>>
That's not a previous fix, it's plaster and lath.
>>
File: DSC_0722.jpg (2MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0722.jpg
2MB, 4000x2250px
the paint below is tearing though

I imagine that'll have to be removed
would make the hole a bit bigger but there's some a sturdy bit of wood right behind it
>>
>>1071019
Buy a 2x2 piece of drywall from a home improvement store and cut out the hole and replace it. It'll take 5 minutes and $3
>>
>>1071019
>can I get away with something like paper mache and varnish?

As a landlord I hope your hot water heater explodes killing your entire family.
>>
As a tenant I'd just take the deposit hit or offer to fix it myself. Last apartment I was in had a full time handyman. He'd "fix" something like this for free just so he wouldn't need to talk to the office manager.
>>
>>1071020
this.
>>
>>1071120
>had a full time handyman. He'd "fix" something like this for free just so he wouldn't need to talk to the office

That would be me. I fix it and it's done properly so I don't have to cut out the shitty job you did before repairing it the right way.
And I do tell the office. They just don't hassle you about it because you 'owned up' to the minor damage.
I have the matching paint and am able to get the texture close enough to not be noticeable.
>>
For a quick fix I recommend using mesh wiring to cover the whole from the inside out. Then apply plaster and a fresh coat of paint. Done and done. Shit work but I'll look alright.
>>
>>1071179
Use a pencil and twist it around a piece of wire to keep it in place. I was going to suggest this earlier but I was lazy and didn't feel like explaining it
>>
Having done some recent drywall repair myself and watching a lot of stuff this might be the easiest type of repair, though I saw it after doing the repair and was looking for texturing techniques.

I guess it is called the California patch. Lots of videos on youtube mentioning it.

Take a piece of the paint into a store like Home depot and get it copied.
>>
>>1071020
After looking that up I guess that means that apartment was made in the 50's / earlier.
>>
>>1071189
It will still be noticeable. OP thinks he can fix this perfectly.

Unless you heed the previous posters' warnings and either replace the chunk with drywall or wire and plaster or whatever, you're fucked. Do it he right way, buddy. By the way, the paint will not look the same. You'll end up having to paint the whole wall.

If that doesn't work, cover it up with a shelf or something.

Better hurry, dildo. Hopefully this teaches you to not fuck up other peoples property.
>>
If you have a good excuse and you're in good standing with rent and such it's probably not even a big deal. Can't expect shit not to happen.
>>
>>1071192
>cover it up with a shelf or something.

My tenants usually use a poster.
>that's why I look behind posters when I go to clear the disposer or toilet
>>
>>1071019
thats not drywall thats plaster
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.