[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So since according to /diy/ dewalt is shit, milawaukee is shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 1468784116210.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468784116210.webm
1MB, 800x450px
So since according to /diy/ dewalt is shit, milawaukee is shit, makita is shit what is a man supposed to buy?
>>
Buy whatever the fuck you want you retard
>>
>>1070442
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnwsvSo9zqItldxusEtBKDRD0pQndMpzy
>>
File: 1455488183113.jpg (175KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455488183113.jpg
175KB, 956x960px
Dewalt kicks ASS!!
>>
>>1070442
>buy
Read the title of the board you fucking illiterate mong. Make your own tools or gtfo.
>>
personal im a fan of ryobi, but each to their own
>>
>>1070442
harbor freight, my man
>>
>>1070442
corded hiltis aren't shit, yet.

sadly wacker-neuson have started outsourcing to china, and kango was rolled up in milwaukee and then eaten by TTi.
>>
Obviously you use Panasonic or Hitachi. Duh.
>>
>>1070442
You get any of those shits, cause those are the good kind of shit
>>
>>1070442
Craftsman, obviously
>>
>>1070442

Metabo and Fein are the unquestionable BEST handheld power tools as far as quality and durability.

However they are also bank breaking at their price.

For the money/durability Makita is still good.
Last Makita drill I bought had "Made in USA" on it

Bosch tools NOT MADE IN CHINA OR TAIWAN are decent.
I had a Bosch drill stamped "Made in Switzerland" WTF? that was good for 10 years.
The Bosch was nice because I could open it up myself and clean the points on the motor to keep it running.

New tool motors from China or Taiwan are sealed so the motor CAN'T be cleaned, have to replace it.
>>
>>1070442
Go and pick them up at the store and decide for yourself.
Its not that hard, and you have a 1 in 3 chance of making a good purchase.

>>1070527
>country of origin meme

Your "made in USA" makita drill has chinese parts inside of it. Unless you think that the USA is producing cheap switches, motors, brushes and other miscellanies parts (which it hasnt in 25 years).

Do you honestly think that paying a mexican to assemble your tool in a USA warehouse, that its a higher quality longer lasting tool?
>>
>>1070557
>implying chinks have ever made anything good
>>
SNAP-ON
>>
>>1070579
>>implying chinks have ever made anything good

Interesting
So if every tool you buy is going to have shitty chink internals, why would you pay more for it than you have to?
Paying quadruple in labor for the same shit materials doesnt sound desirable to me.
>>
>>1070585
Even Snap-On fans dont buy their power tools
>>
File: image.jpg (805KB, 810x3444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
805KB, 810x3444px
>>1070579
>>
My best tools are dewalt and Hilti, Makita does good but it doesnt seem very durable
>>
>>1070442
Handtools only faggot.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_094642.jpg (2MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_094642.jpg
2MB, 4208x3120px
Dewalt or nothing.
>>
>>1070442
Just buy whatever you can get a good deal on and expect to replace it regularly if you use it hard.
/thread
>>
>>1070557

Our local Stihl dealer used to bring in the tools made in Germany. Then they wised up and figured that the American tools were cheaper to import.

They had real issues for a while until they realized that they had to service every machine as soon as they got them and check everything from the carb settings to the tightness of ALL the screws.

That's only one story but anything stamped "American Made!" gets put next to the Made in China shit.
>>
I buy houses and fix them up for resale/rent where ever im stationed. Not quick flips but actual fixing.

I have 2 sets of Ryobi and havent had issues with any of the tools. Im not trying to impact a bolt into concrete but I have laid some punishment on them.

The old Ryobi tools I own that I wouldnt buy again are the cordless paint sprayer (its too heavy when full) and the cordless chainsaw (Bad oiling design and too high of a battery drain).
>>
>>1070610
>/ your own post
faggot leave.
>>
>>1070617

The 1/4" impact I use primarily for driving concrete screws. Had it a couple years and it does alright.
>>
>>1070512
This anon happened to mention the two brands I that I've liked the best. Not a fanboy of either, so call them shit if you like.

All I know is the following from their high-end stuff:
> years ago, worked offshore. Two brands: Hitachi and Dewalt. Both received equally bad treatment... wet backdeck, dropped, knocked over, etc. Hitachi consistently survived longer, with the downside that the battery had to be taped in place. Dewalt just died.

> Recently a coworker managed to drop my Panasonic from the top of a ships mast. It slammed into the bridgewing 5 meters below, and it bounced onto the deck below that again. No problems at all.

At home I have an ElCheapo Boch... it's OK, but kinda weak. Probably because of the price category, tho.
>>
> makita is shit

Only the shills think that
>>
>>1070683
Followup: All of the tools in question were cordless drills, by the way.

A current coworker of mine seems to like Makita, and they seem to work well for him. I have no personal experience with the brand.
>>
>>1070442
>makita is shit
>>
>>1070442
>dewalt is shit, milawaukee is shit, makita is shit
you seem to have confused 'is shit' with 'is the shit'.
I personally recently purchased a new makita drill, and it is indeed 'the shit'. Have used the other brands as well, and they are 'the shit' too.
I dont think it really matters which brand you pick, just pick one with a colour you like.
>>
Tfw I use exclusively ryobi battery powered tools.

Fuck ya'll
>>
>>1070442
My co-workers all use either Milwaukee or Makita mostly. A lot of our trades use Milwaukee or DeWalt.

If you need tools to work, any of those three are solid. I've even seen a few guys use and swear by Porter Cable (Concrete guys and an Electrician).

If you're just a diy'er, get some Ryobi's. A few guys of my Superintendents use those because they can do the job 80-85% of the time and when they break, they just go buy a new one. They also dont worry about their shit getting stolen.
>>
>>1070742
This guy gets it.
>>
>>1070442
Ryobi One+
The green line.
Those big Silver batteries last fuckin forever, both in runtime and recharge cycles. They are made by Samsung or LG with their proprietary Li-ion mix, which I assume they also use in their cell batts.
But its only the big silver ones, all the other batteries are cheap shit.
And around christmas or blk friday, you can get a 4-pack of big silver batts for like $79 or a 2 pack for ~$49.

Personally, I liked Porter-Cable Lithium before I tried this Ryobi line. If you only buy one drill, get the blue Impact drill if you can find it, it balances much better than the green one, and the big silver batts are backwards compatable with all ryobi products.
>>
This thread is messy yes.

DeWalt are stuck in the early 2000's

Milwaukee have a good line up but quality across the board isn't 100% - while said that doesn't mean they're shit. Far from it.

Makita are lacking in festures on some tools and in some areas where Milwaukee is excelling but quality is absolutely the best out these three for the price too pay.

Festool is great if you're into brand loyalty but you'll pay a lot of money with little gain. Quality is of course great but cheaper alternatives which will do somewhat near as good a job is always available, bar the domino.

Mafell is just more money for festool.

From is for OMT.

Hilti is good if you're a contractor with a fleet of equipment that can not be out of service any longer than a couple of days. Personally dealt with their customer service and it's brilliant how helpful hey are. Couple also be seen in a bad light because it's the only brand I've had to deal with because of a tool failure. Rotary hammer drills are sdcond to none.

Bosch are trying to compete on their cordless lines wih makita and Milwaukee but failing miserably. Anyone who says otherwise is purely basing it on brand history.

Truth be told if it fuckin works it works.
>>
>>1071777
Fein is for OMT even.
>>
>>1070451
>>1070592
>>1070603
>>1070742
Black and Decker 'Professional' tools were renamed DeWalt in the early 90s. Unless it's a radial arm saw, if it has the DeWalt name on it, it's probably meh tier. B&D, or any of their sub-brands, haven't made truly good drill since they switched over to plastic everything. Unless it has an aluminum body you might as well resign yourself to a slipped clutch, craptastic gears or garbage chucks. That is basically your only option if you want cordless tools though these days. If you want it good then it needs to be old and if it's old it's corded.
>>
>>1071784
False.

I've honestly shit myself and it sounded better that that.
>>
>>1070527
Bosch is objective garbage and I would rather have Milwaukee, makita, Dewalt, metabo, or even dollar general ryobi over it.
>>
>>1070442
Milwaukee
>>
30 years as a carpenter.

Been using Makita's first generation lithium-ion drills since they came out. To this day, all 5 are still working along with the original batteries. The rubber is all torn off, scratches everywhere, stickers all gone but still works great.

I have 2 DeWalt compound miter saws. They are ok, nothing amazing. They flex a lot compared to my two Delta compound mitersaws. The Makita sliding compound mitersaw is over 10 years old and shows with broken handle, orange extension cord replacement and other broken parts but it is still more soild and flexes less than the DeWalts that I have.

Had a Jet and a Delta tablesaw for over 15 years, still use them on the job to this day. Recently got a Craftsman profession tablesaw as a gift. Its still young at 5 years old but is solid.

Been using a Bosch belt sander for over 15 years just had to replace the belt that links the gears once.

Routers, jigsaws, orbital sanders are all pretty much the same.

Never really owned anything from Milwaukee. I love the color, but I never liked the feel of the trigger.
>>
>>1071837
>Delta tablesaw
those things aint no joke. only weakpoint is the anti-vibe rubber that surrounds the bushing for up/down, it either melts, or just gets squished out from that motor spinning up the sawblade at 200G's hundreds of thousands of times... or you forcefeed 2x8x16's with a dull blade.
>>
>>1070442
what is with all the /pol/ presence on /diy/ as of late?
>>
>>1070442
According to diy you should buy your tools from harbor shit, qc them yourselves, returning them until you find one thats not terrible out of the box and replace them every year for $20 instead of paying tge $200 for a quality nearly bifl product
>>
>>1072442
>everything I disagree with is /pol/
Maybe you should go back to your safe space to get counseling for your PTSD
>>
>>1070442
Traditional antique hand tools from antique stores in your area. That's what I did. Haven't looked at shitty Chinese stuff since. If you live in Amish country, hit up their blacksmith for stuff.
>>
>>1071784
>To have good tools they must be inconvenient or outdated

No thanks. My DeWalt stuff has lasted me longer than anything I've used in the past, and the batteries actually hold a charge after years.
My 'plastic junk' saves me hours in setup, and while those guys are looking for outlets for their extension cords at the job site before the electricians have been there, I'll be doing my job.
>>
>>1072534

People who are convinced you have to use 1980s corded shit for it to be worthwhile have never used top tear modern tools.

If all they use is HF shit then that's all they'll ever know.
>>
>>1070442
Sieg. But stuff that's shit on purpose.
>>
>>1072442
>what is with all the /pol/ presence on /diy/ as of late?
containment failure. Don't worry, we're not all shitheads.
>>
Well. It seems I'm married to blue bosch so I can't really contribute in talk about cordless...
Other tools I use:
Hilti
Dewalt
Makita
Senco
And some cheaper for occasional use where an expensive tool is not cost-effective
>>
buy from your local blacksmith
>>
>>1071052
Ryobi tools are not bad tools if you take care of them especially. Their drills and impacts will do the job.

I have experience with the cordless sawzall and circular saw, though, and I wouldnt want to use them regularly. I particularly hate the idiot-proof safety that requires me to contort my arm in order to operate.

But, if you use a drill/impact and have the occasional need for other tools, Ryobi is a good bet.
>>
/diy/ is the only place where I've heard Dewalt categorically described as "shit".

In the real world, where there is little time or patience for tools that break on the job, Dewalt is commonplace.
>>
>>1074316
dewalt are normal quality.
but their parent company stanley black&decker have a raging boner for viral marketing, generously-sponsoring their brands into as many tv shows and youtubers as they can find a mailing address for, stuffing review sites with barely-english 5*s, paying mechanical turks to post pro-skub on tradie forums, churning out reams and reams of bogus content to jam up the search engines.
they're shitting all over our world to sell an extra handful of battery drills. that's what gets us mad.
>>
>>1074316
Perhaps all the tools you see on site are just old properly made tools that haven't broken yet because they aren't the new shite toys made in china?

>>1074335
How do you know you aren't replying to a marketer right now? Spooky.
>>
>>1074356
you want to talk about shite from china, look at what's happened to belle cement mixers since the groupe altrad takeover. it's shameful.
>>
>>1072519
>If you live in Amish country, hit up their blacksmith for stuff.

You must live by the hardcore Amish. Those fuckers here all use battery powered tools. They just need to get the preacher to bless them and say it is okay. They also come in to a local boot store once a year and buy every Redwing second in stock because no one makes boots anymore.

I get a little kick out of watching their puritan lifestyle fail. Just like all the hipsters that start up wood working at my shop and "are only going to use traditional non-powered tools" who are using the tablesaw within a week.
>>
>>1074356
>Perhaps all the tools you see on site are just old properly made tools that haven't broken yet because they aren't the new shite toys made in china?

Highly unlikely. See >>1070557 .
>>
>>1074492
>Those fuckers here all use battery powered tools
This. I live in Lancaster. Right next to an Amish farm. The guy has a loves hilti and just bought a flexvolt TS
>>
>>1070527
>Metabo

stopped reading
>>
Craftsman
Lifetime guarantee is nice
>>
>>1070442
Bosch
>>
>>1070579
even though china has a bad reputation for cheap shit, they actually make decent things occasionally, you just have to research what you buy and not focus so much on brands as they tend to be good quality starting up and once they become well known product quality drops and quantity increases.
>>
>>1070443
Underrated post
>>
>>1070442
Lmao all 3 are great. DW is my personal favorite and (insert personal anecdote that no one cares about why). Poor quality outliers will always exist and beaners who can't take care of batteries will always bitch.

>>1070527
Bosch makes good rotohammers. Everything cordless they make is like a weaker, heavier version of makita. Just like Hilti, but at least with Hilti you can add powder actuated tools.

>>1071784
Good job using the KB buddy. I know with your intellectual disabilities it can't be easy.

>>1072979
>Implying they even make the same type of tools as what OP mentioned. Might as well have said Grizzly or Jet. All 3 would have been equally fucking stupid.

Ryobi and Porter cable are OK for poorfags or useitonceayearfags.

Metabo and Festool are retarded for actual work, they feel like they'd break if you dropped em a foot. I'm guessing Fein and whatever fagtier other $400 per drill of tools feel the same.

>Seriously though, any decent tool store will have display tools out for you to fingerfuck and should have all relevant numbers on display, and will have a nice return policy. Just buy the shit and test it out and take it back if it feels weak, heavy or just like shit.
>>
>>1070442
Model matters more than brand, so ask which specific tool rather than which brand. I maintained a welding school toolroom and like the Milwaukee 5196 die grinder which is widely popular in the welding industry, but DeWalt 9" angle grinders survived better than Milwaukee (loose, split handle design) and Metabo (loose guards, very loose rotating handle design).

Makita are consistently excellent tools.

My Metabo 150 Quick holds up very well and even our students took a while to kill them.

ALL power tools are considered consumable items, maybe with the exception of high dollar pneumatics like Sioux, but you can get so much use from cheaper tools it's economic to toss them when they break.
>>
>>1074258
>married to blue bosch
>don't even make a twin charger

Bosch are quickly becoming the meme brand.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.