[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Removing a pesky tire from rim.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 41OIkN2MHTL._SY300_.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41OIkN2MHTL._SY300_.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
I have a mower tire that I need to get off a rim.

Fix-a-flat was used on it before, and the tire is really stuck on there.

I've already tried jamming it in a door frame and using a car jack + board to put force on it, but it still won't come loose.

Any ideas?
>>
>>1070008
Cut it open?
>>
>>1070008
What did you wedge the jack with?
Did you put it under a truck frame or something?
Run it over.
Seriously, just run over the tire, not the steel part.
>>
>>1070008
Sawzall.
>>
>>1070018

I used a 2x4.

I was thinking I could maybe leave it out in the sun all day and that would soften up whatever is still holding the bead stuck.
>>
>>1070018

Careful though. It has the potential to go flying.
>>
>>1070008
You will most likely have to cut it off, you should also find whoever used that nasty shit and punch them square in the nuts.

A lot of tire places won't touch a wheel if you've used that shit on it.
>>
>>1070034

Yeah, its really glued down on there.

The jack + door frame method easily got the tire squished to a point where it should've broken free, but it's still solidly stuck.
>>
Put a torch on it
>>
>>1070008
If your problem is getting the bead off the rim, just jam the tire behind the wheel of your car and back over it. Position the mower tire and wheel so you back over the tire only. If that doesn't work, it's a plastic wheel and you're a dumbfuck who didn't notice that there was no valve on the damned thing.
>>
>>1070050

>plastic wheel

If it is solid he can Just cut and notch new tread
>>
>>1070053
That was added for humor, numbnuts.
>>
>>1070008
Put lighter fluid where the tire meets the rim and light it.
>>
Had to cut my tires off the rim, too.
But the real pleasure begins when you try to get the new tire on it.
It took 3 guys almost an hour to get those 6 layer tires on the rim, and they used a mounting machine.
You just can't get the right angle with the tire iron.
>>
>>1070008
my dad showed me
get someone to stand on the rim flat on the ground
then another person tries to drive over the tire part with a car or truck. just slowly until the tire pops away from the rim.
I've done it a couple times with car tires. it's a bitch but it works
>>
>>1070008
Tire store. Quite often they will just pop it off for free.

Driving over it works as can a large ass C clamp if you have one.

And like some other diy'ers I had to cut one off. Used a dremmel and cutting wheel to get close, then finally could get a end cutter in there.
>>
>>1070008
>>
>>1070118
>humor
Implies that it was funny.
>>
File: BeadBreakTools.jpg (14KB, 265x227px) Image search: [Google]
BeadBreakTools.jpg
14KB, 265x227px
>>1070008
how about using the right tool for the job?

Bead breaker hammers exist for a reason.
>>
>>1070008
Bring it to a tire shop they'll do it for 5 bucks
I know this is /diy/ but at home remedies can easily fuck the rim or tire up.
>>
Large flat hear screwdrivers, vice clamps, and patience.

Take small bites, dont get greedy.

SOURCE: Had a difficult mower tire.
>>
I know this is /diy/, but there are some things you really shouldn't bother with, and these little tires are one of them.
>>
>>1070008
>Fix-a-flat was used on it

Toss it into the garbage and never use that fucking shit again. Just think of the price of the new rim as the cost of learning not to do dumb shit
>>
>>1070121
Then you had 3 fucking morons doing it. I can swap out any tire from tiny law mowers to large tractors in about 5 min
>>
>>1070333
Don't think so, slick, the smaller the wheel the more difficult it gets to get the tire on and off.
>>
If its bolt together like the op pic unbolt it and pump it full of water with a pressure washer till it splits.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.