[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any plumbers on here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Golvbrunn1_liten3.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Golvbrunn1_liten3.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
So I noticed my shower drain isnt doing its thing anymore, and when I looked down there it was full of pieces of concrete and murky water that wont go away.
My drain looks like the one in the picture except it has a plug where the hole is.
>>
>>1065034
>My drain looks like the one in the picture except it has a plug where the hole is.
Have you tried removing the plug? Tbh you might as well just buy a new house
>>
>>1065034
>full of pieces of concrete
Use pic related to remove pieces of concrete

>it has a plug where the hole is.
remove plug, run drain snake through hole
>>
if it is stuck to the sides and really white in color, its not concrete, its some mix of soap, gunk, grout runoff and other shit. I have to knock that shit out of shower drains all the time that are running slow. I use a piece of 1.25 pvc and just lift and shove down to break it up and wash it down the line.

that small hole is a bypass to run a snake past the trap more than likely. if you do so, put the plug back afterwards.
>>
Ty lads, good advice
>>
File: plumbing.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
plumbing.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Searched plumbing and hit this thread. I've got a totally unrelated question.

I've got a t adapter that I need the side output of. The top output, facing the camera is useless.

The right connector of the length of tube fits on the faucet the pipe that comes out of the wall. I believe that may be 3/8" female. The left side fits on the hidden side of the t-adapter. I believe that connector on the hose is 1/2" female which would make the corresponding one on the t-adapter 1/2" male.

To stop water from flowing out of the unused top end of the adapter I'll need a 1/2" male pipe end, and a legitimate 3/8" female to to 1/2" female adapter if I don't want to use the tube. Can anyone confirm this? I'm a total plumbing scrub.

Thanks for the help. I'll take better pictures or provide any info you'd like.
>>
>>1065270
Post a picture of the tee that shows the whole thing
>>
File: IMAG0478.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0478.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>1065281
Top is suspected 1/2" female, bottom is suspected 1/2" male, and side is 8mm wing nut going to polyurethane tube.
>>
File: WING NUT.jpg (45KB, 604x383px) Image search: [Google]
WING NUT.jpg
45KB, 604x383px
>>1065270
>>1065289
>wing nut going to polyurethane tube.
Instead of improper descriptions of something you have that doesn't work, Try to explain what you want to accomplish.

tldr: what are you trying to connect?
>>
>>1065034
looks like the drain in my commieblock.
It's designed to hold water, the same way your toilet holds water, so no bugs and smellz can crawl from there. Use what this anon >>1065068 suggested and just try to pull the shit that is stuck in the pipe that goes to that drain
>>
>>1065328
Hot water for a bidet is supplied via polyurethane tube, the other end of which goes to that adapter. Neither of the other ends of the adapter fits into the water outlet, and there's no sink so the other end needs to be plugged. The hose that's in the picture has one end that fits on the t and another that fits the outlet. I want to emulate that with a real adapter, and I want to plug the unused part of the t.
>>
>>1065353
Just buy the proper adapter and use it instead of the wrong one.
IF it's actually 1/2" female in and 1/2" female out, buy a cap for the out you aren't using.
Take the adapter to the store to be sure of proper new adapter or cap.
>>
>>1065441
forget what I said there - fill out the following blanks instead.

------ plumbing advice request form -----

I have a hot water supply line coming into the room. It ends near the wall with _____________ on the end of it.

The ______________ on the end of the supply line is _____________ size.

Pic related is the end of the supply line coming into the room.

I want to connect it to a bidet. The bidet is _____________ (ft / meters?) from the incoming line.

The inlet to the bidet is a _______________ (threaded pipe?) of _________ size.

I live in __________________ so my plumbing standards need to be for _______________ (country)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.