[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing CFL's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gumball.png (18KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
gumball.png
18KB, 180x180px
Has anyone replaced the bulbs in their living spaces completely with LED's?

I have a mix of incandescent bulbs (that haven't burnt out yet), CFL's in the basement and garage, and LED's that replaced the burned out incandescents

I signed up for a green energy mailing list a couple years ago and they sent me a box full of CFL's "for free" last year but I'd have to say they were just offloading their inventory. They work, of course, but I just can't seem to get myself to dump them off at the recycle center
>>
I did in an apartment I lived in. Replaced all of the incandescent with LED. It's also when I found out I had a sensitivity to being it blue temperature lights. In my house I use some warm temperature leds in a few fixtures and only replace existing cfl as they die. Im replacing incandescent with LED as I unpack and find them.

Power wise I'm not sure I ever noticed a difference. In the apartment I lived by myself so the power of 1-2 40W versus 1-2 15W bulbs isn't a lot. I mostly bought into it to support the industry. Cfl and other florescent lights hurt my eyes if I use them day after day with no exposure to natural lights (7-5 desk job and dead of winter.)
>>
>>1064678
Yes, LEDs are nicer as they don't warm up like old CFLs or stay dim in the cold, I also get LEDs in warm white or daylight white. That being said, there's not a big reason to dump all your working CFLs, I still have a few going strong in places where it doesn't matter much with about half a dozen to replace them when they burn out. I've only bought LEDs when i could get really good deals on good quality ones, don't rush it and pay full msrp.
>>
>>1064710
I've been slowly replacing my working CFLs with all LED. I pick up a six pack every trip because theyre just so fucking cheap now, and they use even less power than a CFL for more light. I used to keep the old bulbs, but they just take up space because the LEDs last forever.
>>
I think I'm much happier under incandescent. Also, back in the day, we survived with one bulb in a room. Now we have 12 led spread thru the room. I think the energy savings are somewhat moot
>>
I can never decide whether I like the standard temperature or the daylight temperature better.
>>
>>1064918
I spent big bucks on premium LED can lights and a premium dimmer, and they are buzzy and annoying as fuck.

Happen to be moving into a new house and I'm keeping all the incandescents. Fuck LEDs. Warm, wonderful light, no buzzing.
>>
>>1064678
I hate CFLs, they seem to blow out all the damn time. More often than I can ever remember incandescents dying.

With that said, I put LED bulbs in my bedroom and they lightly glowed at night even though they were off.
I replaced them with incandescents. I have LEDs all around the rest of the house.
>>
>>1064922
Hah yeah. Even worse if you're unlucky enough to have put them on a dimmer (even the "dimmer safe" variety). And yes
>fuck LEDs

>>1064928
I kinda notice that about the cfl. Was never sure about whether they go more than old ones - I remember forever changing bulbs for mum and dad as a kid. Leds piss me off with the glowing too, thought it was just me.

What REALLY grinds my gears though is now that I have a mixture of bulbs in my house I CAN NEVER FIND THE SPARE I NEED
>>
I bought some led bulbs for my townhome. I dont like them. The plastic shroud around them makes it feel more like i have flashlights embedded in my ceiling than actual bulbs. They are really bright though.
I know there are bulbs without the shrouds but theyre like 3 times the price at the local hardware store.
>>
Even these days LEDs are a bad investment because you will be replacing dead drivers more often than lightbulbs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.