[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, I wanted to design some custom contact lenses that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Hey /diy/, I wanted to design some custom contact lenses that glow bright red in the dark like pic related, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction of where to start?
>>
http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=694

Wear a hat/something that shines a UV LED at you to illuminate them.

Would not DIY contact lenses, too easy to scratch your cornea, then you have weeks of wearing an eye patch to heal up.
>>
>>1064356
I would start here instead of pushing actual discussion off the board with a shit thread
>>1061795
>>
If your goal is to simulate a red-out without pulling negative G's, this sounds like a great idea.

For any other purpose it's retarded. You won't be able to see shit, and even with your eyes closed, you'll see a bright red glow.

Source: I've had glowstick goo in my eyes before.
>>
>>1064360
I was planning to have someone I know who makes them actually do it, I just wanted to design them in such a way that they can glow bright red. Is there no way to do this besides UV light?
>>
>>1064356
>watching the danganronpa anime instead of playing the game

Be very careful what you shove in your eyes. A UV phosphor is a good bet, but red is one of the more difficult phosphors.

Glow in the dark green phosphor uses tiny, extremely abrasive metal oxide particles. Would not recommend.
>>
>>1064408
Not really. The only other way to glow is to have a self phosphorescencing paint like that green shit they put on watches, but it only glows for a few moments before needing to be recharged in bright light, and is limited to green in most sources.
>>
inhale nerve gas
>>
Short answer: you can't have glow in the dark ones. It's not safe for your eyes. Also don't diy your lenses.
Longer answer: Now you could get UV reactive ones. There are red uv reactive lenses. Make sure you buy from a reputable seller, pinkyparadise carries some by Phantasee
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Phantasee-Glow-UV-Red-p/h3-uv-red.htm
You also have the option of commissioning custom lenses that you could design yourself and have fit you perfectly.
http://www.samhaincontactlenses.com does custom lenses but it is pricy
>>
>>1064430
That's radioactive though,they don't want cancer in their eyeballs
>>
UV is harmful to your eyes. Come up with some other idea.
>>
>>1064475
No it isn't, haven't been for ages.
>>
become anime
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.