[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vapers gonna /diy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 14568976829441.jpg (106KB, 839x960px) Image search: [Google]
14568976829441.jpg
106KB, 839x960px
Sup /diy/, is there anybody interested in vape handcrafting?
Here's the schematic of mech boxmod 2x18650 with dpdt switch for the beginning.
>>
>>1063466
If it turns out that vaping isn't seriously bad for your health then I'm going to be pretty pissed off. Why don't you all just fucking die already.
Taking about this shit like is some kind of art? Its not even science it's heating up a bit of wire. Children in school do this, that is the level you are at. Fuck me.
What the fuck is that mosfet doing apart from literally nothing? Just so you can use a shitty button?
The 10A rating on the switch is meaningless unless you specify DC. If you need to specify the current rating you should also specify ac/dc because they are different. Also voltage ratings are different too.
>>
>>1063489
Holy shit this
>>
>>1063489
Pretty harsh bro
>>
>>1063511
Not harsh enough.

Vapers need to go die in a fire.
>>
>>1063525
Twice for each one if it was possible
>>
>>1063489
>>1063501

whiny faggots
>>
>>1063489
Блядь. Кaк дoмa.
4ch never changes.
>>
I didn't know you could actually diy a vap..
>>
I hate the inglorious fedora wearing hipster vaping faggots also.

That said, since they started sucking cock vapour, ive always wondered about using an ultrasonic vibrator to create a mist of the vape fluid, and propane, which is heated by a arc style ignition source, for direct inhalation.

Or just the mist maker with a smaller heat source
>>
>>1063605
Do you even /diy/?
>>
18650s with no cell protection? kek
>>
>>1064071
Enjoy your full thickness facial burns.
>>
>>1063525
Really, it's just the annoying ones. They're like the new hipster. If you're using it just for the nicotine, or to stop smoking, I'm fine with you, but I do mostly agree with >>1063489
There is no reason to pretend it's something it's not.
>>
>>1063605
wtf? It's literally just a piece of wire wrapped around some cotton or whatever and connected to a battery. Lighting a LED is more complicated than that.
>>
>>1063489
What the fuck are you talking about? Voltage ratings might be different with AC and DC, but current has nothing to do with it. You don't walk into a store and ask for a 20 amp dc fuse, you just ask for a fucking 20 amp fuse.
>>
>>1063466
Vaping is bad, heavy metals being vaporizated into your lungs. Try to design some food grade ceramic isolator that handles and conducts the heat from the heater and find an affordable way to extract THC from canabbis. Then just tune the heater to the THC vapor point
>>
/diy/ a gun and shoot yourself.
>>
>>1064464
Believe it or not, DC can cause more damage in a switch than AC with the same current and voltage, this is because DC arcs last longer and don't vanish as fast as AC, eroding the contacts and limiting the number of switching cycles, so a switch will usually be rated at a lower amperage if it's used with DC in comparison with AC.
>>
>>1065033
Why not aluminum? I plan to machine an aluminum bowl to make a vape box, I also have some ceramic thermistors which will be inserted into the walls of the bowl to monitor the temperature digitally. The only problem is which heating element to choose, since aluminum is conductive and I can't just wrap an element around it, I don't want to use induction either, too coplex.
>>
>>1065106
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotoxin#Aluminium
>>
>>1065119
The aluminum bowl will be heated to 210°C max, I don't think it is hot enough for any aluminium particles to detach and be inhaled.
>>
>>1064323
This. I 'vape' although I hate that stupid fucking word. I use an e-cigarette because it keeps me off my 40 a day habit. I don't do it to blow cloudz, and I'd rather the vapour was invisible.

I use a larger device, not to be a cool kid, but because the battery gets me through a whole day. Same goes for the tank.

I try to be discrete, because all these fucktard cloudbros have made a mockery of something I use to [hopefully] prolong my life.

Fuck the vaping community in general.
>>
>>1065106
Enjoy your alzheimers
>>
>>1063489

>The 10A rating on the switch is meaningless unless you specify DC.

Dude, that switch is never going to load AC. Do you see a rectifier? It's going to be DC. And 10 Amps is 10 Amps, anyway.

>What the fuck is that mosfet doing apart from literally nothing? Just so you can use a shitty button?

I always leave everything live and continuous, so when I put in my battery I can vape immediately. Buttons and switches are for losers and little babies who can't handle a little electricity.
>>
File: il_570xN.225324330.jpg (88KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.225324330.jpg
88KB, 570x427px
>>1065106
>>1065597
you're right, it won't be hot enough to have to worry about that.
I've made a vaporizer with an aluminum bowl before, after I made my first one with a steel bowl and ran into problems because it took too long for the heat to get conducted from the bowl proper down 1/8" to the thermistor. With aluminum, my feedback loop is a lot tighter and the temperature stays more constant.
I used mica insulation around the bowl, and plain kanthal wire for the heating element. I bought a 3x5" sheet of it and with a knife blade, peeled thin layers off that I wrapped around the bowl. Then I wound the coil around that, the tightness of the coil keeps the mica tight around the bowl.
You could also get mica for free from some microwave ovens where it's used to cover the waveguide.
>>
>>1064464
>>1066258
The switch in the OP states 10A rating.
Its battery powered, DC.

When you open a switch under load a spark will form between the contacts. The spark ionises the air or some shit and you can end up supporting a spark that would not normally be supported by not ionised air as the contact moves through its travel.

AC has the advantage in this situation that the current reverses at some frequency depending on where you live but the upshot is there is upwards of 100 times every second that the current traveling through the contact is 0 as it switches. 0 current = more chance that the arc will self extinguish. DC doesn't change polarity. Its current remains constant. You end up with a thick heavy arc for a longer amount of time as the switch opens.

Arcing causes damage and higher current means basically thicker arcs.
if the DC arc is sustained longer (we just showed it is) then it needs to be 'thinner' so it doesn't cause fatal damage to the switch. this is done by reducing the max current rating.

tldr: 10A AC switch may not support 10A DC.

if you don't believe then why don't you look at the specification for literally any switch in the entire fucking world and notice it will either only give a rating (or a few) for AC or an AC rating and a different rating for DC.

If you can find a switch with a DC only rating that would be interesting, but i doubt you will find one with an AC rating and a DC rating that are the same current.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.