[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK overpriced lamps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: MOV_0035.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
MOV_0035.webm
2MB, 404x720px
I have (webm related) a halogen light fixture, with two dimmers and knobs.

The fixture is fucked on the inside (and the part connecting to the halogen lamp), but I don't think the dimmers are fucked.

I want to buy the cheapo ikea standing lamp, but it has no dimmer.

Question: Can I somehow salvage the dimmer from my light fixture and make it work on the IKEA lamp?

The IKEA lamp used standard E27 lamps, but my fixture was made for shitty (and hard to find) R7S halogen lamps.

I'm broke, and just want a fucking lamp to shine on my ceiling for comfy indirect light (I get headaches from bright shit) so I want to be able to dim it.

the IKEA lamp:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/floor-lamps/not-floor-uplighter-black-white-art-50139877/
>>
>>1063379
what is the wattage of your dummer lights?
>>
>>1063385
the Halogen dimmer lights?
>R7S 118mm 230W 230V
>>
>>1063386
then it should work, the ikea light is rated for 100w bulbs i believe
>>
>>1063388
I know nothing about dimmers, is it only:
>power in
>dimmer
>power out
?

do I just simply add it to the power cable on the ikea?
>>
>>1063389
yes... mains--->dimmer---> live to live, neutral to neutral --->ikea light

literally same as your dimmer light
>>
>>1063397
thanks, I'm gonna head to IKEA tomorrow morning then. will update this thread when I'm done (either report it working or my fuck up)
>>
>>1063398
Get some proper heatshrink as well.
>>
>>1063379
maybe the power supply died and needs replaced.
also, there are cords with dimmers built in that can plug into any lamp
>>
File: DSC_0036-small.jpg (2MB, 5248x3936px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0036-small.jpg
2MB, 5248x3936px
>>1063415
>maybe the power supply died
I don't know, the halogen socket looks weird, and even with the dimmer switched off, the tester screwdriver lit up. I don't know what it means.
>>
>>1063418
>switched off, the tester screwdriver lit up.
That's because no matter what position the dimmer is in, the socket is still referenced to mains voltage
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.