[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laying bricks on a slope.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 5487.jpg (47KB, 857x625px) Image search: [Google]
5487.jpg
47KB, 857x625px
I'm extending this brick base patio out along the red line, the floor is concrete but it slopes down by about two bricks high.

What's the standard method to get this done?
A few tiers of concrete foundations like pictured or something I've not thought of.
>>
>>1062853
what the hell is a b c?

just get it leveled with 2 steps, or 3 like u did
>>
>>1062855

I needed the dimensions, not my patio.
>>
>>1062859
what? why need the dimensions if it is not your patio?
>>
>>1062862

That's the pic I sent to the person whose patio i'm extending. So I could figure quantities.
>>
>>1062865
what is c made of?

a is concrete?

so you want it to go all the way to b?
>>
>>1062869
a b and c are all dimensions i wanted..
>>
>>1062873
so you just want to lay bricks on concrete on a slope? and you dont care if it is level?
>>
>>1062853
you could build a frame out of lumber for the stepping system, back fill with road crush and tamp with a vibrapacker.

Better yet would be to forget building steps and just build a frame with lumber that would level out to the original patio, back fill that with road crush and lay the bricks on top of that foundation. If you want to get fancy put some sand on top of the road crush and level the sand before laying the bricks. This would probably less expensive in both materials and labour.
>>
>>1063323
Or frame 2x4 and build a concrete/brick/cinder block wall, backfill and either lay concrete slab or lay out sand and do a brick lay.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.