[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

band saw fence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BOOOOOOONE_SAAAAAAW.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BOOOOOOONE_SAAAAAAW.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
Got a bench band saw super cheap, but it didn't come with anything else. Suggestions for making a fence, besides just clamping a piece of wood, or preferably angle iron, to it?

I'll probably take a shot at a miter gauge as well. As long as it's reasonably accurate, I will be satisfied.
>>
>>1056576
You're trying to over complicate things. If a piece of wood or angle iron works then use that.

If you make a mitre guage out of two pieces of wood fixed at right angles to each other and it works, then use than.

The type of bandsaw it is, won't be as accurate are you're hoping for anyway.
>>
I just saw someone on youtube who made something like the op pic, with one end fixed and a toggle clamp on the other....that was pretty cool.

It will at least be better than trying to cut it by hand
>>
I could see a miter gauge from 3 pieced of wood, a cheap school protractor, and a screw on handle of some kind working really well.

Long thin piece of wood for the slide. A piece of wood to hold the protractor and handle assembly. The last block of wood at 90 degrees standing as the pushing block, Attached to the last block. A bolt going through the guide, protractor block, and protractor. The handle screws down on the bolt clamping it all together.
>>
Ended up just sticking a random board on there for the moment, and it worked better than expected. Still have to sand a bit, but it worked...

Now only to figure out how to use a router on a thin piece of material
>>
>>1056895
I've mounted a trim router upside down in a vice for small work pieces before now.

I wouldn't recommend you do this if you are inexperienced.
>>
>>1056903
I thought about maybe a trim router, I've got to have a HF coupon for one somewhere

and or make a simple drop in table...that does sound pretty dangerous

for this I was only planning on using a small round over bit, but the smallest one I have at the moment is a 1/4", which is a bit much considering the piece is only ~3/8" thick
>>
>>1056915
Just sand it over round. You really don't need a router for material that thin.
>>
>>1056918
yeah, that's what I was thinking

I had to do a lot of shaping when I made some shelf brackets, but I don't think I have any small enough round files for this

I don't have a belt sander, so either way, I'll be spending a lot of time grunting and rubbing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.