[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ESP8266 + IFTTT + Home automation and security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (103KB, 292x238px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
103KB, 292x238px
Go my ESP8266 to connect to IFTTT and send me a notification every time a pin detects a change.
Going to mount it above my front door and let me know when it is opened.

Problem is I only want it to send notifications when nobody is home (based on phone location) but incredibly IFTTT doesn't support AND/OR operations!

Could use tasker but don't want to set that up on each phone.

Any ideas how could this be a archived?

Also port you ESP8266 builds
>>
Set up a static IP for your phone on your router then have your esp ping that every few seconds. If it can't ping you, you're not home.

This'd only work if your router is close enough to the entrance of your house to connect before you make it through the door.
>>
Also, if that runs python, it'd be really easy to use pushbullet instead of ittt. I'm sure other languages can do pushbullet stuff too but I've only ever used python.
>>
>>1056558
>Could use tasker but don't want to set that up on each phone.
You can export profiles though.
>>
>>1056621
>>Set up a static IP for your phone on your router then have your esp ping that every few seconds. If it can't ping you, you're not home.

Interesting idea, will have to give it a try.

Half tempted to just cave in a get a "Smarthings". Since it can do things like this and more.
>>
>>1056558 (OP)
ive actually worked out "how to have a computer know when no ones home without adding additional requirements on our persons" before

install various IR sensors on the doorway making a net pattern (some going left right X, some going up down Y, 1 in the front and 1 in the back Z/-Z) , put it into "setup mode" and tell it how many people live in the house (eg 4), one by one people walk through the doorway and the IR sensors detect the pass of each person, recording the height and width specific to that person (ie how the sensors get interrupted)

once that's done, everyone walks back into the house and you notify the system everyones home, system becomes active.

You now have 4 bodies in the home all registered to the system. if a friend comes over it notices +1 unrecognized signature, aka friend

if friend + you leave it notices -2, unknown signature + person A left, 3 remain

etc etc.

more sensors could be installed to detect pet dogs/cats/etc as well

alternative options are RFID chips, but then we start dealing with new physical carrying requirements for each person of the household. personally I'd just use tasker, fucking love that app. set it up on one phone, backup ur settings, restore them on the next phone, no fuss no muss.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.