[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Formulaic alterations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (135KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 750x1125px
I've got a bunch of men's clothing items I want to alter for myself to wear; primarily dress shirts, but also some sweaters and a few pants.
Is there any sort of of way I can standardize this process and make it easier on myself?
I really only want to slim the sleeves and take in the waist to create more of an hourglass shape instead of a box, but measuring marking and pinning every garment seems so difficult when im taking them all in for the same person

Pic mainly unrelated
>>
>>1056023
Create a standard pattern for yourself. Or do one piece properly and measure the resulting dimensions. Then transfer it to the others.
>>
>>1056568
Okay that makes sense
How would I do that exactly?
I've been out of practice with pattern drafting for quite a few years; I'm more than a bit rusty
>>
File: Can_We_Fix_It_No_Its_Fucked.jpg (14KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
Can_We_Fix_It_No_Its_Fucked.jpg
14KB, 391x366px
Is it wrong that after years of 4chan I don't assume this is a girl. I immediately jumped to the conclusion of this being a trap or some sissy mental disorder.
>>
>>1056683
I'm a woman....
These are shirts I took from my grandfather
Because he died.

But if I was a trap would it really even matter?
>>
>>1056628
>How would I do that exactly?
The standard pattern or measuring/marking/pinning?

You'll find plenty of information for both in google.

If the shirts are very similar, I think the latter would be the best option, if the shirts all have very different dimensions, you're probably will want to do them one by one regardless.
>>
>>1056023
The worst part will be switching all the buttons and holes to the other side so you don't feel like a left-handed weirdo every time you put one on...

Just kidding OP. Good luck.
>>
>>1056855
The shirts vary; they're not all the same, a few are though
I meant the making of a standard pattern based on my own measurements; I've only drafted stuff from my textbooks; but like I said that was over a half decade ago
I guess I'll google it
>>1056866
Lol
>>
>>1056884
>I meant the making of a standard pattern based on my own measurements
It's generally a simple process, but you're gonna make a couple of prototypes until you're finished. It's not a one day project.

Just find some standard way to do it. If you want to trim the shirts to fit tightly, you might get problems with the breast darts and armholes fitting together well enough.

At some point you might have to do more work than just making a new shirt from scratch.

And worse yet, you only have one try with your grandfather's shirts.

I honestly think doing each shirt one by one - pinning it, marking it, and so on will actually be less work (and more importantly have less room for error) than trying to find a shortcut.
>>
>>1056900
Ahh
Yeah you're right then

In that case, what's the best way to alter them?
Just slim up the sides?
Or would it be better to try and put a dart down the center back and then one under each breast?
>>
>>1056934
I just thought that a possible solution would be to do the breast darts on the side at the height of the armhole and just continue that line as seam to trim the arms. That way you'd have a second seam on the arm, but that should be alright.

And the sides could just be slimmed a little.
If the back is too wide still, do some darts in the middle.

We can talk about possibilities all week, but without knowing your measurements and the size of the shirt, it's hard to come to a conclusion.
So just try it on (inside out), and pin it to see if it works that way.
If it doesn't we'll have to think of another way.
>>
>>1056842
I don't care that you call yourself a """"""""""""""""woman""""""""""""""""

Whats were you born with between your legs?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.