[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

painting a room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

i need ideas for colors to paint a room. im thinking navy blue, but i dont know what to color the baseboards, windowsills, and door, or the roof for that matter. ding it all one color feels too plain.

https://amzn.com/B000LNSKZI

i also dont know if this is the right board for this kind of thing. sorry.
>>
>>1055755
you have to post your actual room, not a fucking paint can
>>
Always do the ceiling and baseboards and trim in white. Anything else is going to look ridiculous.
>>
Also, make sure you use a similar paint to what you posted. A good latex gloss is going to look perfect in dark blue.
>>
File: DSCN4258.jpg (527KB, 1600x1200px)
DSCN4258.jpg
527KB, 1600x1200px
>>1055755
> im thinking navy blue
That's a much dark colour than most people paint their interiors. Are you goth or something?

The blue part of this box was painted with the exact paint in your picture.
>>
>>1055761
im still clearing the room out, so taking a picture with all that crap in there would be fruitless. the room is 10x7. there are 2 doors and one window that takes up most of the wall.
>>1055922
>>1055925
from what i saw online white looks pretty good, so thats what i was planning on. latex gloss. ok. i guess i'll just buy the same brand in white thanks
>>1055944
im not goth, but i am a metal head. i guess its all the same thing anyway. but yes, i think i would be comfortable with that shade of blue.

should i just do the doors in the navy blue as well and then white on the trim?
>>
I'd suggest darker colors go with eggshell or satin. Gloss will reflect a ton of light making a noticeable glare on any screens because of the contrast between dark wall and bright reflected light.

That room is pretty small for dark coloring, I'd also recommend going with a lighter color or only apply the dark color to 1 wall opposite the entrance and go with a complementing color on the other 3. This seems to be more acceptable in the south west usa than the east coast though.

Trim and door should be white. The finish needs to match the walls.

Other recommendations:
>if using a roller buy the thickest rolling brush available.
>buy throw away drop cloth
>buy throw away roller tray liners or throw away roller trays
>don't spend any money on anything that promises to save you time. They are almost always gimmicks that fail or are a bit hard to clean
>have a dampened cloth on hand while painting trim, use it to wipe up oops before it dries even a little bit.

I prefer throw away crap because I paint my house maybe every 5 years. The time spent cleaning is not worth the time buying reusable stuff. If I was a pro I'd think differently though, probably.
>>
>>1056498
Forgot the biggest rule... Use a nail to poke 3 holes equally spaced apart in the paint tins rim where the lid seats into. And never paint directly from the can and keep it closed always.
>>
>>1056501
Wtf is this rule. My walls are swell and I have never heard of it.
>>
>>1056516
This rule is for people who paint a lot... Idk you poke the holes in the rim so when your pour the paint into a a pan and close the lid, you dont get all the bullshit paint bluid up in the seat for the lid because it drains down back into the can. And keeps crusty shit from forming and allows the lid to seal so your paint doesn't expire quicker.
>>
>>1056636
I just buy the lips that clip onto the rim. Open, clip, pour, clean off with roller or brush you're using, pull off lip, and close the can. They're even pretty reusable since paint doesn't stick to them. If I'm lazy I toss it once I'm done painting. Again, cheap enough to trash works great for painting every couple of years.

I do agree with the never leave cans open and never paint from the can though.

Horror story:
>Moving out of house mostly ahead of plan. >Need to paint over wall sample patches on paint from previous owner.
>No problem, they left their paint behind.
>find the 5gal jug with the appropriate paint spilled on it.
>crack it open
>Great Zues' fart greets my face.
>Look inside and discover an in bucket rolling surface half rusted and blackened shit on the bottom.
>All my nopes close the lid
>Sample paint from one wall nearly matches most of the patches.
>Slightly off paint goes on all the wall samples.

Still sold for above my asking price.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.