[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sun is an asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20160913_172833.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_172833.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Guys, what can I do with this space? I'm tired of the God damn sun heating up my living room. The sun isn't paying my mortgage, so it needs to be kept out. I feel like having curtains on either side of the door would look weird.

I need your help. What do?
>>
>>1055716
put uv tainted window sheet sticker things whatever they are called
>>
>>1055716

Reflective window film.
>>
>>1055717
>>1055718
I dont have much experience with tint, does it really help that much?
>>
>>1055719
Yeah it helps if it is sunlight related heat problem
>>
Bump, any other ideas?
>>
>>1055716
>not basking in the warmth like a lizard
Are you an ayylium, OP? Are you from outer space?
>>
Get some cool mirrored one way tint
>>
>>1055756
Tint only works like that when there's a difference of brightness on one side (think interrogation room mirrors)
At night unless theres a porch light on, people will see in and he will just get a reflection.

I did tint for 5 years.
>>
>>1055719
Fuck yes it helps.

>I live in Texas
>>
>>1055758
Well it will still be cool during the day
>>
>>1055716
The easy answer:

Plants. They'll love the constant sunlight from those windows, they'll block some of that light from heating up your living room, and with the right combination of plants and pots, they can make your doorway very pretty.

The hard answer:
Remove the windows.
or, alternatively, stained glass can mitigate light and alter the mood of the room.
>>
Plants, or some blinds/shades.
>>
>>1055716
Use imitation crab meat
>>
>>1055758
This is correct.

However the picture in OP could use a tint on the top and have no negative repercussions since no one can really look in 8 feet in the air.

For the side windows get curtains. They are pretty common on doors and side windows. You just keep them attached at both ends so they don't flop around.
>>
>>1055716
heard that you can use chalk and water and "paint" the window whit it, dont know if it works tho.
>>
Just get the windows tinting sheets at home depot or Lowe's. Do the top windows first to get a feel for it and make the mistakes. Do the eye level windows last because you'll be an expert by the time you do them. Plus the smaller windows will be easier.

I went with the mirrored stuff to reduce the amount of light coming in through some bedroom windows because my cats would climb or get tangled in the metal blinds. Worked out pretty good with only minor defects. Attempted to do a stained glass version on a bathroom window but I cut it a hair to tiny and there was light leaking in the edges. Pulled it off because it looked way to fake.
>>
>>1055716
There are sprays you can use to "frost" the window like etched glass, this will diffuse the light and should help, but believe the tinted film is better and side curtains are not that hard to do.
>>
I had this exact same setup in my old house. You can special order aluminum blinds that will fit the sides.

The dog liked looking out the window so I kept one side zip tied up to so the bottom window on one side was uncovered.

The blinds weren't wide so all they could do was tilt.

Current house has one set of similar side windows and I went with some decorative vinyl film. However, this was more for privacy and not direct sunlight.

For the top, I just stuck a plant up there. It was happy and filtered the light.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.