[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereo noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1474050146106-1068834885.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1474050146106-1068834885.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
This is my first time trying to set up stereo speakers. I grabbed 2 cheap speakers from goodwill, each of them have 1 little input on the back and on either side of that is a positive/negative part with screws in it. Now I've read how to simply connect these speakers online to a reciever, but I don't have one yet and was wondering if there was some way I could hook these up with this thing my old band friends left in my garage. It's a sunn graphic equalizer/amplifier and the pic I posted has the inputs on the back. Is there any way I can connect these two and make it work? This might sound dumb but I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to this. Im not sure if I can use that middle jack on the speakers and somehow connect it here or if it will even get power... I just don't know. Anyways any help would be appreciated
>>
File: 1474050344978-73616306.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1474050344978-73616306.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Sorry the pic cam out sideways for some reason too, here's the back of the speakers
>>
One more thing I'll add, I also have a focusrite scarlet 2i2 audio interface, maybe I can connect the speakers to its monitor input?
>>
Bump for much needed help. Maybe even someone explain to me how any of this cap even works
>>
The equalizer seems to use 1/4 inch 2 contact phone connector.

The way to proceed depends on what kind of cables and connectors you have lying around. You can use any old electrical cables to connect to speaker, but you need some phone connectors for the equalizer. Even stereo phone connectors would work.
>>
>>1055720
>maybe I can connect the speakers to its monitor input?
nope.pdf.exe
mp3>2i2(USB cable to laptop or PC)>'line outputs' L + R (rear of 2i2) to Sunn AMP/Graphic (2 x 1/4 phono jack line mono cables)>'SPEAKER' outputs Sunn to Speakers (1/4 mono jack to bare end speaker cable)

You may have these (1/4 phono cables sitting there with the other stuff, if not, you fucked. Other problem, the rest is Pro (or near pro) gear, those speakers are probably about 10W apiece max - you need to be very careful with the volume, otherwise, you are going to blow them.

Sunn, 2i2, ok stuff, speakers are prob shite - just a guess, as the only fucking thing you can see from your pictures is your disgusting foot at an odd angle - put it away, and never post it again, please. Gonna post shit pics?, at least post model nos, whatever - tldr, you need 1/4 jack cables for furtherance here, and two different kinds (line and speaker cable) at that - they different.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.