[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weed Whip Weed eater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Weed Whip.jpg (15KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
Weed Whip.jpg
15KB, 490x490px
I like these things but after a while of using it my arm feels very weak and I can't even grasp a cup. This apparently happens to a lot of people and the cause is the vibrations of the tool being sent to your arm making it weak. Is there a way to cut down on this?
>>
>>1055143

Get an electric one? It's the cylinders putting out the vibration for the most part.
>>
>>1055145
I have one as well as a gas one. They are OK but the string is goddamn expensive but you can spool your own. It also has a limited range and still has vibration after a while. I use them for maybe 3 hours when I need to whip.
>>
>>1055143
The best material for attenuating mechanical vibrations is a urethane named Sorbothane. A US company makes and sells it; it can be difficult to source elsewhere in the world.

Most other soft rubber-like materials (rubber, urethane, silicone) hardly reduce vibrations at all.

A thin sheet of Sorbothane glued between two pieces of thin sheet metal also makes a great sound-deadening panel--but its way more expensive than acoustical foam is, and the nature of sound propagation is that you can't ever really absorb, block or reflect it all.
>>
>>1055148
>string is goddamn expensive
I have a craftsman one and you get like 300ft worth for $9

>3 hours
that might do it
>>
>>1055148
>3 hours
It's called muscle fatigue. Rig up a sling to support some of the weight.
>>
>>1055143
If the engine is running rough it will vibrate more, have you tuned it lately?
Adjusting the handle so you have equal or more weight on the front handle along with getting a larger more comfortable handle can help with your hands going to sleep as well, though I havent found a way to keep that from happening yet.
>>
File: 20120611stihlFS90R.JPG.cf.jpg (76KB, 532x399px) Image search: [Google]
20120611stihlFS90R.JPG.cf.jpg
76KB, 532x399px
>>1055143
Get a strap like pic related.
Use whatever, a strap from old luggage/laptop case works great.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOQU4DK
>>
They generally come with straps.

The newest pro ones have enough vibration dampening to warrant a legal 8 hours of use provided the machine is in good condition.

Make sure it's in good condition then get anti vibration gloves.

Then there also may be the possibility that for the first time in your life you went out side. And lifted something heavier than your laptop.

I have run good condition Stihl FS-120, 75R, 85 and 160's from 8:00 - 6:00 and have had no issues

I have run the same FS120 that had a shaft going out and the same FS75R that had a slight missfire and the two of them had my hands tingling within 45 mins.
>>
>>1055159

>though I havent found a way to keep that from happening yet.

Every 30 mins or so I just stop for a minute to massage my hands and take in the scenery.

This is also a time when you notice your hands feeling that painful nerve tingle if the machine isn't running well. You could go for hours not noticing but as soon as you stop it becomes very apparent.
>>
>>1055143
I use a scythe to clean about 100 m2. I've never used the mechanical ones so, I cannot really compare, but my impression is that it is an extremely efficient tool.
>>
Man the fuck up you limp gripped faggot. Oh Boohoo vibrations hurt my pale frail fingers, Jesus Christ low T or what?
>>
>>1055143
Don't get a cheap shitty one.
>>
>>1055143
If the slings suggested by others aren't doing it for you, you can pick up a pair of anti-vibration gloves. Or you could break up the work into more manageable chunks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.