[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to /diy/ these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: DMM0018-SHSG.jpg (140KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
DMM0018-SHSG.jpg
140KB, 900x900px
What's the best way to /diy/ these?
>>
>>1054895
With the money needed to buy the basic equipment, which you would use to diy the tools you'd need to make these, you could buy several thousand of them. That is before including the worth of your labor.
>>
They're like 10 bucks man.
Are these things breaking on you?
How the hell are you posting from the afterlife?
>>
>>1054902
Are they machined or stamped?
I'm thinking about making a few of them out of rebar.

>>1054908
I'm anon's ghost.
>>
>>1054923
>Are they machined or stamped?

Do you lack eyes, these are clearly not machined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQRzSyNpb4

Cheap non climbing rated ones are die cast. Don't use them when climbing they kill people.
>>
I wouldn't trust my life to a DIY carabiner. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to die to cuz you wanted to save 20 bucks.

But if you just want to hang your keys off of one, knock yourself out.
>>
just use the ones that say they're not for climbing

they're all made by the same people, they just want to make people pay more for other ones
>>
File: towing chain.png (60KB, 367x215px) Image search: [Google]
towing chain.png
60KB, 367x215px
Make one from a chain link.
>>
>>1054996
Yeah, they put "Not for Climbing" for the same reason we have denaturalized alcohol, Taxes.
Fucking Taxes
>>
>>1055457
denatured
>>
As a climber, it's scary as fuck seeing someone wanting to diy Caribbeaners.

The ones used for climbing are tested for mircoscopic cracks and flaws.

I don't trust those cheap Chinese "not for climbing" ones on my keys

>>1054996
Climbing Caribbeaners are meant to withstand something like 10kn of force on the weakest part. (Lateral forces on the gate and spine)
They are not the same, maybe the big brands that have defect ones would sell those as not for climbing but again not the same
>>
>>1055583
>They are not the same

>implying it was supposed to be taken seriously
anyone dumb enough to try to make their own climbing equipment deserves to fall to their death
>>
>>1055588
>/Diy/
>Someone wants to /diy/ a product
>Wishes that person to die
Calm down, nigger. A biner made out of steel and heat treated properly is probably stronger(and heavier) than those fancy aluminum/zinc alloys.
>>
>>1055664
>heat treated properly
yeah, OP isn't going to do that
>>
>>1054895
u can lift a car with these, buy proper equipment when your life depends on it. They're about 10bucks
>>
>>1055679
then u might aswell use plastic
>>
>>1054895
Depends. Are you going to use it for climbing or other safety-critical applications with high shock loads? Or are you making a key ring? Does it need an auto-locking latch? Or will a sleeve nut work? Is this for shits and giggles, or are you trying to undercut modern mass-production on price/quality?
>>
>>1055664
I never said I wanted people to be morons

I hate so much about the things that they choose to be
>>
>>1055664
a "probably stronger" carabiner is completely useless
>>
Part of ethical /diy/ is honestly telling someone they have a bad idea.

No reason exists to diy carabiners if you have to ask how to do it.

It's financially bad and functionally extremely unwise, end of story.
>>
>>1055664
Kek
>>
>>1055866
How do I grow crystals?
>>
File: 6590-044-04_500.jpg (33KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
6590-044-04_500.jpg
33KB, 500x260px
>>1054895

Here you are, will cost between 80 cents and $8 depending on where you go and how big you want it.
>>
>>1055866

I made one in high school just because. I never used to to actually climb because it was not up to the task. I just wanted to make something.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.