[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 14738955966881286314939.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14738955966881286314939.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
So my shop told me my powered steering pump is leaking. So i changed it. But i don't know what the copper peice is. Will electrical tap keep it from leaking at the seem?
>>
>>1054762
it's the high pressure line, and that is a crimped fitting on a hydraulic hose.

Tape will not stop it from leaking., either replace the whole hose, or get a hydraulic hose shop to recrimp it.
>>
>>1054764
it will cost more to recrimp it than to just replace it
>>
>>1054767
I know, I was giving anon his options is all.
>>
>>1054764
>it was the hose that was leaking, not the pump.
>shop wanted to rape him for the cost of a pump replacement.
>OP spent $$$$ and changed nothing that matters.
>>
>>1054762
The hose will leak slowly, and then out of nowhere open up badly.
Replace the hose asap, or youll be driving, lose a ton of fluid, and youll burn out your brand new pump.
>>
>>1054762
No its gonna burst
Is this a meme or something?
>>
>>1054814
this guy knows what's up, i bet the shop wouldn't even have replaced the pump if paid either. If the pump was truly leaking the hose wouldn't have been as the pressure would have been too low. Sorry OP next time post your Q first before replacing expensive parts
>>
>>1054889
auto stores actually tend to replace more than is necessary. they would have replaced the steering linkage, pump and all hoses because warrantable service. it's just not worth it to replace a busted hose when said busted hose and a lack of fluid could have fucked items down the line only to have a buttmad customer come back bitching and moaning about their car breaking down.
>>
Op here. I didn't let the shop replace it because it would of cost $400. I went to my local pick n pull and got the part for $30 and a new belt for $12. It only took me half an hour to replace. Would the high pressure hoes be hard to replace and would it be better to buy a new one or pull one off?
>>
>>1054994
>Would the high pressure hoes be hard to replace and would it be better to buy a new one or pull one off?
The two hex head bolts remove this end. There will be an O-ring or gasket under there.
You need to replace it with a new part.
The other end MAY just screw into the steering box like a threaded pipe.
Call a local parts house and ask how much a new hose with gasket is.
The one at the pick-n-pull where you got the pump may be okay or could be about to fail too.
Look at that one and see if there is evidence of leaking or chaffing then ask how much for it.
If it looks okay you decide if the difference in price is worth having a new one.
>>
Just drive it without power steering pussy
>>
>>1055035
LOL. Mfw i did that for 3 years once. On a truck made without it (see: my 1962 chevy stepside) it's not bad. On an 80's checy square body with a 10" gt steering wheel and no pump it sucks the fattest of cocks...
>>
>>1054764
>it's the high pressure line, and that is a crimped fitting on a hydraulic hose.

>Tape will not stop it from leaking., either replace the whole hose, or get a hydraulic hose shop to recrimp it.

This. Just get another hose.

DO NOT fuck around with the 'self sealing" or "self bonding" tapes. They are just to get you to a shop.
>>
Oi como faso pra participar dos anonymous quero ajudar o mundo e lutar por boas causas
>>
>>1055800
>Oi como faso pra participar dos anonymous quero ajudar o mundo e lutar por boas causas

Que?
>>
>>1055792
>>1055035
I had a MK2 golf.
I made a power steering pump loop and deleted the AC compressor, and then did a V belt to serpentine belt conversion.

It made a surprising difference in power the car had.
>>
>>1055035

Gee i hope he doesnt have a hydrobooster , if the power steering pump goes so does the brakes,
>>
>>1055844
You do not know how brakes work.
>>
>>1056363
You do not know that hydroboost is power steering assisted brakes
>>
>>1056380
Yep. that's the dangers of asking on a general interest forum rather than one specific for the vehicle. Not knowing is bad enough, but being misinformed is hell.
>>
>>1054994

Get a new one. There will be a gasket that will need to be replaced and there's no way to tell what kind of shape a used part's gasket will be in, if it even comes apart. At least a new one should come with the proper gasket.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.