[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I remove this logo from my key? Sandpaper or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160914_162511315.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160914_162511315.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
How do I remove this logo from my key? Sandpaper or something?
>>
That key unlocks any Lowe's store in existence, but only by the power of the logo that has been placed upon it. Removing it breaks the spell. Don't do this.

Source: my dad, who works for Lowe's
>>
Sandpaper or plastidip that part of the key.
>>
>>1054759

Bench grinder or a Dremel if you have one. Follow that up with sand paper for a nice, smooth finish.

That key is brass, though, with a nickel plating. Once you remove 1/128" of the surface, it's going to look coppery and then full on brass.

GL.
>>
>>1054759
A file would be my choice. Too soft and small to bother getting out a power tool for

If you're doing it to look better though, yeah, it's plated brass so it'll look weird. You won't be able to get it duplicated anywhere because they won't know if you filed off a 'do not duplicate' stamp.
>>
>>1054759
Goto Lowes® and pick a different key out of kiosk that doesn't have their logo and pay the extra 97¢ next time you make a duplicate.
>>
get an engraver? I like the idea of the file, but I think it might be time consuming. Dremel best bet
>>
>>1054821
Two to three minutes is too time consuming? Damn.
>>
Go to home depot and make a copy of the key then throw that one away.
>>
>>1054759
Go to a local store that has quality key blanks and quality cutting machines.

The place I go to has Ilco keyblanks. So much better than typical hardware store blanks.
I replaced a MinuteKey and an Ace branded key. The Ilco is great and the branding isnt abhorrent
>>
>>1054759

Christ. Why even bother?
>>
>>1054785
You won't be able to get it duplicated anywhere because they won't know if you filed off a 'do not duplicate' stamp.

What if you took it to one of those automated key copying kiosks?
>>
>>1054785
>You won't be able to get it duplicated anywhere because they won't know if you filed off a 'do not duplicate' stamp.

No, its obviously a kwikset.
"Do not duplicate" keysets like the Kaba peaks dont actually sell blank keys to locksmiths. Its illegal to posses them in certain circumstances.

No an automated kiosk wont work either
>>
>>1054874
Also automated kiosks and aloof people working at hardware stores is why its a really poor idea to stamp "do not duplicate" on a standard key.
>>
>>1054763
>>1054763
Ok, that was pretty damn funny. Collect 2 (you)s.
>>
It doesn't seem terribly difficult to mill out sheet metal to make a key.
>>
>>1054759
fyi, you can make a working copy of a key from a nice clear photo like this. Hope no one figures out what this unlocks.
>>
File: 1473895682405.jpg (252KB, 1200x889px) Image search: [Google]
1473895682405.jpg
252KB, 1200x889px
>>1054981

forget pic
>>
acid bath
>>
>>1055000
Check'd
>>
>>1055000
Ball/rake pick 5 min tops to open, probably within 2..

Good luck with that shit-tier lock OP..

Don't bother copying that crap, trash it and buy quality locks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.