[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Pigeons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: shitbird.png (570KB, 782x410px) Image search: [Google]
shitbird.png
570KB, 782x410px
I spent maybe 5 hours over the course of two days cleaning all the pigeon shit off my balcony. We're talking 5-6 lbs of baked-on pigeon shit. Then I put up a plastic owl to scare away the pigeons. I go to paint said balcony today, and now there a turd there from something much, much larger, I'm guessing an owl who thinks my balcony is the new owl hangout. That's an improvement at least, as it's larger and easier to clean up. So I clean up the owl shit and paint everything.

Just went out to see if the paint was try and now there's more pigeon shit, plastic owl be damned.

What can I do to finally get rid of these pigeons? I don't want to have to clean up a bunch of shit every time I want to use my balcony.
>>
Tanglefoot, a glue trap for birds. Trap them, kill them, clean them, and enjoy squab for dinner.

Or maybe you can sell live pigeons to fanciers, if you don't wanna kill them.
>>
Soak some bread in anti-freeze and throw it onto the balcony. The birds will just dissapear after a few days.
>>
>>1054627

Fishing wire everywhere they like to land.
>>
>>1054627
Move out of the city if you dont want city problems.
>>
Lay down spike strips where they're roosting and they'll fuck right off.
>>
>>1054663
What does this do?
>>
My aunt got rid of Canadian geese by feeding them bread crumbs soaked in vodka

She also called black people "darkies".
>>
>>1054745
She sounds pretty cool
>>
Put some bread soaked in draino and you'll never have to worry about them again DISCLAIMER: Make sure that it's out of the reach of pets and children because if they ingest it, they will die
>>
>>1054652
>pigeons won't come back....
Have you never been to a city with a population over 500 people?
>>
>>1054627
>What can I do to finally get rid of these pigeons?

Ask these guys
http://www.hotfoot.com/
>>
Throw some rice out there and I promise you they will blow up and not come back.
>>
>>1054663
This is what my mom does on her balcony and it works like a charm. She tried the plastic owl thing previously without success.

What does OP's balcony look like? Fishing lines may or may not work.
>>
>>1054835
lel

>>1054857
Does it tangle in their feet and tie their legs together or do they just hate walking on it or what? I don't see what this would do.

Op just buy a pellet gun and pop them in the head with it. Only extremely anti-gun places have any kind of regulations on air rifles and they're pretty quiet anyway.
>>
>>1054748
Her food was good but she was bitter and manipulative, God rest her racist soul.
>>
>>1054627
Bird spikes. Google them
>>
>>1054861
You tie the fishing lines at pigeon level at the ledge like a nearly invisible pigeon railing. They won't be able to roost there, and it seems to also keep them out within the balcony. Maybe because they can't land on the ledge anymore to walk in. Why they don't just fly over the human railing and land inside, I don't know. You can ask them when you glue trap them and feed them vodka bread.
>>
>>1054867
Well that makes sense, thanks. Just saying "fishing line everywhere" like the first guy did made me picture just loose fishing line all over the place.

And I still say shoot them, OP. Theyre good target practice and can't come back if they're dead.
>>
>>1054627
Wrap them with duct tape first so they don't explode when you come... Oh. Shit. Only read the thread title there, my bad OP.

Seriously though, if you take this guy's advice >>1054870, they're pretty tasty too.
>>
OP, import bolivian tree lizards and release them onto the balcony. They eat pigeons and will control their population.
>>
Pigeons are bringers of chaos and destruction, we should eradicate them from the face of earth
>>
>>1054669
>Lay down spike strips where they're roosting and they'll fuck right off.
This is the best answer.

Fishing line works for a while if you can string it right across the edge of the balcony. Birds like to be able to sit on the edge so that they can see over a wide area. If they can't sit on the edge, they won't like it nearly as much. But the fishing line deteriorates and breaks eventually. And sometimes they get tangled in it and that causes a problem.

The bird spike strips cost money, but they will work 20-25 years--they will work until they rust and begin to fall apart. And since most are made of stainless-steel, that takes a pretty long time.
>>
File: 51vgBc5uL2L.jpg (39KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
51vgBc5uL2L.jpg
39KB, 500x351px
OP here. Anyone try those ultrasonic bird repellers? I'll start thinking about how to rig up some fishing line, but I doubt it will have any effect on the owls that have now turned my balcony into their designated shitting balcony.
>>
oi opm8

Maybe you can close it down with metal wire mesh.

If you have an totally open balcony, you can consider to build a wire mesh cage with poles around your perimeter.

Here in Holland I saw one time this kite thing to scare away the pigeons/seagulls. see link: http://motherboard-images.vice.com/content-images/article/no-id/1428420076936250.jpg
Even with a small wind in make curves like a real bird, pigeons and other animals have a natural instinct to be scared of larger predator birds , gl
>>
>>1054627
Air rifle pellet to the face is my preferred method.
>>
File: fowl proctology.jpg (20KB, 450x316px) Image search: [Google]
fowl proctology.jpg
20KB, 450x316px
pic related.
>>
>>1055217
Ok.. I'm a faggot that can't be buggered to read before posting. Though it may make you watch where you step.
:)
On the other hand.. can you put up bird netting?
>>
>>1055006
>But the fishing line deteriorates and breaks eventually. And sometimes they get tangled in it and that causes a problem.

Stainless aircraft safety wire is cheap on Ebay. It won't rust and is tough to break. Every DIYer should have a roll to play with.
>>
>>1055224
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/stainless-safety-wire
>>
So I tried the fishing line trick on the railing, and now they just land on the floor of the balcony and shit on that. I bought a super soaker and have just taken to blasting the little shits whenever I catch them. Cathartic if nothing else. Next is going to be an ultrasonic bird repeller.
>>
>>1055235
>a super soaker
>>1055235
>ultrasonic bird repeller

Not ultrasonic, PIR.
Solar powered
Connect to garden hose
Doesn't run out like super-soaker
Repels anything large enough to trigger it.
Many models to choose from
>>
>>1054982
Birds are not that important
>>
>>1054745
LOST.

Geese dont like to get their drink on?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.