[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken(? ) rice cooker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20160914_115824.jpg (632KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160914_115824.jpg
632KB, 2048x1152px
Hi /diy/
Not sure if this is the right place to be.
TL;DR I was taking apart an old Sunpentown rice cooker to clean off the grime and mold, took off part of the lid, and I discover the's two black wires.
Are they supposed to be connected to each other? Connected to something in the lid? I don't know anything about wiring or electricity.
>>
>>1054524
They are the thermostat, you have broken it, now it is useless
>>
>>1054525
Fuck
Is there any way to fix it?
>>
>>1054528
See that little opening there, that is where the wires go into, you need to open up the lid assembly, and find those connections, and then solder them back, and it should work. But, rice cooker like these are very often not made to be serviceable, it is better to get a new one than try to fix it and then start a fire when it gets loose again during a cooking session.
>>
>>1054532
Yeah, you're right. I found the thermostat wires and where they broke.
I don't have soldering equipment, but a friend of mine does.
But this rice cooker is also probably 15-20 years old. I just inherited it from my grandma.

Thanks anyway guys.
Well, off to Amazon.
>>
>>1054535
Make sure you get one with fuzzy logic.
>>
>>1054532
Oh come ON! If they are easily solderable you should solder them! And see if it works. And glue the fucking cables to the fucking rice cooker SO THAT THEY FUCKING WONT GET FUCKING LOOSE AGAIN!
Easy fixes are easy fixes. Don't wait for hard fixes to get your fixes.
>>
Just cook rice on the stove instead of some fancy cooker?
>>
>>1055052
You don't understand why it is an invention do you. A rice cooker makes perfect rice every time and better rice than any rice you can cook on a stove.
>>
>>1055060
My rice cooker has a vagina.
>>
>>1055770
Good for you mate
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.