[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need helping fixing window

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20160913_220211.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_220211.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Okay I went full retard. Trying to open my window, I pulled two latches at the top which have arms extending to the sides, not knowing those kept the window in place or something.

When I pulled the window up, the top fell down on my head.

There are two black bars inside the window frame rails, I pulled those out of their keepers thinking those would do it. Now I see that won't work, and in trying to put them back in, the left one just won't go.

The slots of metal that go into the keepers are supposed to go in straight and you pull the keeper down to lock them in place, but one of the slots is sideways; It won't go back in and I can't rotate it.

Also can't do anything outrageous as this is my university dorm, I'm just trying to put the window back in.

I'll upload a couple of pics to help illustrate my point.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_220220.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_220220.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: IMG_20160913_220231.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_220231.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
How do I rotate this to get it back into its keeper?
>>
File: IMG_20160913_220256.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_220256.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: IMG_20160913_220319.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_220319.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
As long as nothing is broken, why don't you contact maintenance and ask them nicely to fix it? They probably know how to put it back together and if it's not broken, they probably won't charge you anything.
>>
>>1054314
The problem is, one of the rods that popped out is now turned in a way that it can't go back in. It looks like one would have to cut the PVC farther up to screw in the plastic nut to put tension properly back on the rod so it'll fit where it needs to.

So far I've just put it back together in the exact position it was after the window fell out: Window pane on my bed, one of the rods popped out of it's keeper. I put my screwdrivers up so when people come in they don't say anything about that.

Also I'll be gone all day tomorrow and this is an exam week so I really wanted to get this over with quick and not have anyone in my room, honestly I stopped a crucial assignment to try and fix this and the stress is getting to me after I just got run through the wringer to join ROTC.

I'll tell my RA and he can point me in the right direction tomorrow morning, but it's going to rain tonight and all I have is a bedsheet flopped over the curtain rod to stave it off.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.