[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Project Car" for fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: memememe'.png (818KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
memememe'.png
818KB, 800x600px
Hey /diy/
I'm kind of bored and as somewhat of a joke, would like to get one of those kids ride on cars and put a massive battery in it. What other things will i have to change and how easy do you think it will be to do?
>>
bump for baby car
>>
All those little hot wheel cars use expensive plastic gears that break easily. They have a high center of gravity and plastic wheels. You can make them faster. But it is a pretty shitty platform. Try the razor electric go carts.since they have Better wheels, most are chain driven so you can actually transfer the the power to speed. The frames are also metal and they don't break with me on it at about 170 pounds. Much better platform and can be picked up on Craigslist cheap when they neglect the batteries. Which you can replace pretty cheaply online.
>>
^ This.

Having had a Razor 4-wheeler, it was able to zip my 250 lb ass across a large apartment complex to the convenience store across the street pretty quickly and regularly. The drive wheel tire wore out a lot but seriously you can't pull the speed and terrain off with a Powerwheels that you can in a Razor, especially if you weigh more than like 100 lbs.
>>
>>1054188
If you can weld make a metal frame and use the powertrain from a razr scooter or cart, and put the body of the little childrens car around it. Fun little thing. Even better get a gas motor. You'll have a little death cart
>>
>>1054188
My Escalade draws something like 11A with the stock motors. Go to Harbor freight, get a cheap angle grinder, then go get a hobby brushless motor with stupid RPM. The idea is those little hobby motors have stupid amounts of power in that they have very little torque but retarded RPM. Use the angle grinder to convert the bajillion RPM into lotsa torque. Also, beef up the frame with some gas pipe or something. They tend to be meant for kids.
>>
>>1054471
I feel like the angle grinder idea isnt going to even kinda work.
>>
All you need is a hill and a brain the size of a pea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4PehhrUIes
>>
File: 760_427_csupload_67142975.jpg (79KB, 760x427px) Image search: [Google]
760_427_csupload_67142975.jpg
79KB, 760x427px
>>1054188
It'll be fuck near impossible OP.

I've done it. The only thing you'll keep is the plastic body.

Frames are shit hollow metal or platic.

Motors and gearboxes are cheap plastic and too small to be of any use.

Find some old electric scooters for the drive train.

I built a 1,000 watt 48 volt setup and hid the 10ah pack in the frame.

Its a lot of fucking work just for a shit quality ride. I'd build pic related drift trike or a barstool racer or something before i ever do that again.

Its a lot of work but it can be done.

Not trying to deter u OP. But, be ready to dump some time and money into it.
>>
>>1054646
In the PPPRS it's been one of the better designs for some time. Chibi Mikuvan's only downfall has been that they didn't use a sensored motor so the accelerations suffers a bit.
>>
File: oie_17134624UxB5jKuM.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oie_17134624UxB5jKuM.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>The chassis for the Chibi-Mikuvan was built from steel,
> the bodywork was built from machined pink foam, fiberglassed, and finished using a few tips gleaned from Burt Rutan’s book, "Moldless Composite Sandwich Aircraft Construction".
>The motor? That’s an enormous brushless motor meant for a 1/5th scale RC boat.
>The transmission is from an angle grinder, and the electronics are a work of art.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.