[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both my struts and shocks are performing quite poorly, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: bmw.jpg (64KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
bmw.jpg
64KB, 634x376px
Both my struts and shocks are performing quite poorly, and I will order replacements when my paycheck arrives next week.

However, I decided to inspect all 4 wheels to see if the springs needed replacing too, and they all seemed good.

But by jacking all 4 wheels up, and thus extending all 4 struts/shocks to their maximum limit and back down again, the whole suspension seems almost good as new, is this something that normally happens?
>>
The only thing that ever goes wrong with springs is either they loose their elasticity and you can tell when the vehicle sags to one side or they just break.

Jacking a car up and down will tell you almost nothing about the springs unless they drop out of the cups.
>>
>>1053513
For springs, measure your ride height.
For shocks, bounce the car a few times, should bounce 1.5 before becoming stationary. If you replace struts, you should replace springs on the same wheels. you got to take the springs off to get at the struts anyways.
>>
>>1053891
What the fuck? If the shocks blew out because he hit a six inch speed bump at 70mph, the springs are fine. Do you replace your headlight housing when you replace your bulbs?
>>
>>1053513
How many miles is the vehicle OP?
>>
>>1053929

>>
>>1053513
Perhaps there is an alternative reason why the suspension recovered....did you take all of your school shooting guns and orange juice super soaker out of the boot before you jacked it up?
>>
File: happyeyes.png (1MB, 918x739px) Image search: [Google]
happyeyes.png
1MB, 918x739px
>>1054152

This anon gets it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.