[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV Mount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (30KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 300x200px
So today I mounted a TV in my bedroom with a small swivel mount that was rated for 12-32 inch TVs and under 25 pounds. The TV is 32 inches and with an unknown weight and I decided to mount it anyways. The entire night I started having panic attacks and staring at the TV because I don't want it to fall. Is there anything I could do to reinforce or make it stronger? If it was going to fall would a 24 hour test be good enough to relax about it?
>>
>>1053412
whats the model of the TV?

have you tried google TV name and then weight?
>>
>>1053424
Yea I finally found the model weight and it seems like it's in the upper range of 20+ lbs. I'm still skeptical about it and would like to put some type of safety. Would 24 hours be enough to test if this thing is every going to fall and kill me? Lol
>>
>>1053430
So it is outside specification, it could fall, I would get a bigger mount and stop thinking about it

No, it might fall off next week because your mount or the screws need time to work themselves out.

Lesson of the story is do your research before buying stuff.
>>
>>1053433
It's not outside of specification it's just on the upper bound of it. It's rated for 12-32 inch and 25lb. The TV is 32 inches and 22lbs.
>>
>>1053433
Actually, scrap that, it will stand up ok as you as you mounted it properly, the "25lb" specification is probably more a market segmentation thing, if it holds 25lb, it won't suddenly collapse if you put 26 or 30lb on it.
>>
>>1053436
Then you are perfectly fine. Wall mounts are usually stronger than most people would think, if it is properly installed.
>>
>>1053439
>>1053437
The mount does seems strong as fuck. I could probably hang from it if I wanted to, it's just so small it still gives me doubts. You guys wouldn't recommend adding anything?
>>
>>1053442
No need and no reason to
>>
>>1053442
Either longer screws to get more bite on your studs or a few 2xs or 1xs horizontally to spread the load out along a larger area. Honestly as long as it's not toggle bolted to just drywall it should be fine.
>>
>>1053442
If it's screwed properly into a stud you can easily hang 2x the rated weight on it without a problem. They greatly reduce the weight capacity for legal liability reasons.

If your mount will support up to 50# at an absolute maximum you don't want to tell the monkey-people that it can support 50# because one of the monkey-people will try to put 51# on it, it will fail, and the monkey-people have a long-standing alliance with a group of powerful Jewish vampires that will come and suck your shekels.

You're within the weight rating and the size rating both. You're completely fine as long as it was installed properly.
>>
File: 20160912_195750.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_195750.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
hi /diy/

should i worry about this?

TV is a Samsung UE55JU6870 ( 55", 16.6kg mounted to the wall without stand)

Wallmount supports up to 30 kg, but the thing is that the black plate isn't supposed to be bent like this! Mounted to the wall with 10 screw's, all properly done. It hangs like this for 6 weeks but i still worry, shall i use the stand?
>>
The weak point of any TV mount is where it joins the wall. If you mounted it to studs and used proper length screws (3 1/2"+) it will be fine. Worst case scenariio is that the mounting bracket is Wal Mart tier and bends
>>
>>1053593

correction, supports up to 65" and 65kg.
>>
>>1053593
It's fine, that is normal, but you should perhaps tighten the screws a little
>>
>>1053593
if this is a swingy out arm one then they all droop don't worry.
your bolts look like shit though, should have flattened the wall
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.