[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried to put some boards in the loft today, only to discover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20160911_160032.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160911_160032.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Tried to put some boards in the loft today, only to discover the previous owners bought the thickest insulation they could find and just dumped it everywhere. Just look at this shit, it's a good 4 inches higher than the supports, and impossible to put the boards down on top of it.

Is there a way I can install the boards without ripping it all out and putting in thinner insulation, or am I fucked?
>>
this Bongoland, per chance?
Your pic is fucking shit (or Im blacking out again) but, I think you may find (if UK, anyway..) '4 inches higher than the beams' is their latest retarded code. Or an in-between stop, may even be higher now. For fuck knows why.

Think youd have difficulty halving it (cant see it desu), other problem being, if you rip it out, and try selling your house afterwards, it aint 'code' then again, issit? Theory, to stay legal, build up the supports (and put in a floor fucking 12 inches under the apex), go find thinner stuff, and throw the old away, or, someeone has better idea.

Let us know how you get on tho - got the same problem (unisnsulated tho) - get a grant for doing it, but, need to put in shit that reaches the ceiling (waste of time) or no grant/thinner stuff/floor, maybe problems later, or, just add another layer on top of floor if needed. And if not UK, my apologies ;) bollocks pisses me right the fuck off tho, must admit.
>>
>>1052901

you can sort of split insulation if you rip the lays off
>>
>>1052901
Two options.

1 - buy these booster leg things that stand on your joists and let you build above the insulation.

2 - pull up the insulation and use twine to put it up in the roof joists instead.

Option 3 is to just rip the useless shit out and throw it away like I did.
>>
>>1052930
OP here. Yeah, I'm a britbong. Picture is shit because I was using a torch at that point, but you can still see how high it is compared to the wood beneath.

>>1052994
I think #1 might be the best solution, quicker and probably cheaper too. It's still a pain in the ass though, since I'm having to spend even more fucking money. I'm just mad this simple job has turned into such a nightmare.
>>
>>1052952
its probably already in layers, the joists will be at least 6 inch, i can't imagine fucking 10 inch thick insulation, how would you roll it up?
rip it out, board it up, butt he extra into the rafters if you know what you are doing (you don't so don't do this without allowing breathing room for moisture)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.