[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make slippy floor sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: cotto.jpg (33KB, 255x176px) Image search: [Google]
cotto.jpg
33KB, 255x176px
Hey diy i have a punching bag in my basement, but the floor is too slippery to properly move while hitting.
So i need something cheap, coating, mat or whatever to make it less slippery. Does anyone got experience or an idea for this?
>>
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html
>>
>>1052589

3/4" barn mats for horses.
>>
>>1052589
Just pour some beer over the floor and wait a day. Wala sticky floor.
>>
You could get that chunky rock paint and apply that to the floor. Can't remember what it's called rn
>>
Magnets!
>>
>>1052595
>>1052629
Either of these are what you need. It's virtually the same thing.
>>
>>1052666

>Wala

please tell me you're being ironic
>>
Check out the hardware store for roll on paints that will do this.
>>
>>1053123
You know he's not
>>
>>1053291
>>1052666
>>1053123
this guy is legit, i work at a convenient store and i have to mop up beer and shit every now and then. beer gets sticky very fast, its cheap too, works best when spread around liberally.
>>
>>1052589
Just buy tatami mats
>>
Bed coat for truck beds
>>
File: shopping[1].jpg (25KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
shopping[1].jpg
25KB, 386x386px
garage floor expoy and some anti skid additives
>>
There is spray paint with anti slip materials in it. Mostly used for steps and ramps. Cheap and found in most hardware stores
>>
File: cheapest.jpg (19KB, 365x400px) Image search: [Google]
cheapest.jpg
19KB, 365x400px
with 2.5$ aprox, 50mx50mm=2.5m2 so, with four of these you'll have 10m2, except for the bottom part of the bag I think its enough to cover the space, 10$ for a lifetime no-slippery floor m8
>>
>>1052589
Hire a housecleaner for a one-time clean.

Guaranteed sticky floors.
>>
Industrial building builder reporting in.

This is the cheapest way -

>paint floor thickly with polyurethane floor paint, oil based.

>whilst it is still wet, sprinkle on dried building sand

>wait til it dries

>brush off loose excess sand

>give it another coat of paint to seal it all

Dirt cheap and pretty good results
>>
>>1054841
>>1055134
>>1055269
Came to post this.
>>
>>1052589
Go to the hardware store and get a piece of carpet. They have cutoffs that are cheap
>>
Learn to move like gumby. In a real fight, nobody will expect this and you can make a new exercise fad to replace crossfit. Bonus points if you incorporate heelies and give out different color fedoras to denote rank.
>>
>>1053322
expensive, difficult to clean, and fragile.
>>
>>1055454
You're not as funny as you think you are
>>
File: btgbr.jpg (33KB, 405x276px) Image search: [Google]
btgbr.jpg
33KB, 405x276px
>>1055483
I am to me and that's all I care about.
>>
>>1052589
>go to parts store
>buy can of "belt dressing."

Its made to stop squeaky belts on your car for retarded faggots that wont just replace it.

Used to use the shit out of it crushing rock. Conveyor belts and rain are a problem.

I built a jig to hild 6 cans 5 feet away and soak a few belts whike other anons sprinkle lime dust on for traction. Works pretty good and alchahol or something shoukd get rid of it.

Sprinkle sand or dirt on the area and brush away eccess.
>>
Semen is very sticky... after a couple days anyway. It's better than cheap, it's free. You may need several layers though. Get some friends to help.
>>
I have all wooden floors in my house, and a few rugs here and there. The bottom of the rugs have this stuff, it's like a thin layer of fabric, mildly sticky, like really low density double sided adhesive tape but cut to the size and shape of the rug, that doesn't damage the finish of the floor, but grips well enough to stop the rugs shifting around.

>I got mine from the carpet place but this is the same product https://www.amazon.co.uk/Non-Slip-Rug-Grip-Sheet-160x110cm/dp/B00KD7N7GY
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.