[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got my first car a few weeks ago. My mother gifted it to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20160910_112405.jpg (3MB, 1912x1968px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_112405.jpg
3MB, 1912x1968px
I got my first car a few weeks ago. My mother gifted it to me and 1 week in the right headlight went off. Is there a way I can fix this on my own?
>>
>>1052246
1. Open the hood, this step will probably be quite difficult for some one like you, watch a youtube video on how to do it if necessary

2. Reach behind the headlight and find the main bulb, there will be a big cable sticking out of it.

3. Twist the main bulb, it only twists in one direction

4. Pull the bulb out and match it with one from the store
>>
>>1052251
yeah, this is really the most basic and easiest thing to fix that goes wrong on a car anon. you're just changing a fuckin lightbulb.
>>
>>1052246
>tfw no gifted subaru
>tfw i had to rebuild my engine
>tfw i still have to fix it every goddamn day

anyway, before you change your bulb, i would check all the electrical connections are tight.
Sometimes my right light goes out, when it does, if i slam the hood, it comes back on.
>>
File: b8.png (146KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
146KB, 625x626px
>>
>>1052257
Hows this bait? I tried googling this and it came up with complicated ass shit such as holding the bulb with a glove and to watch out with being electrocuted ect.

It's my first car and I don't have a father figure so idk shit.
>>
>>1052258
>i don't have a father figure

I'm south asian, and we don't have fathers either. As far as they are concerned their job is putting food on the table and beating you when you don't live up to expectations. We get by just fine.
>>
Just a warning, I've owned 3 Subarus plus drove one for my work, and every single one had the passenger side headlight go out. On two of them the wiring itself got fried and burnt, I had to replace wiring just behind the bulb to get it to work.

Idk if I just had a streak of bad luck but I was replacing bulbs every few months it seemed.
>>
>>1052269
My mom drove this one for 5 years. This the first time it's happened
>>
>>1052246
>>1052258

Yea, if you know the model of your care you can usually just type it into youtube and find an example of someone fixing it.That's what I do for everything that goes wrong with my car.

My dad has always been there, but he's more of a doer than a teacher, so I end up learning everything on my own.
>>
>>1052258
>complicated ass shit
>holding the bulb with a glove
>not being electrocuted

sage
>>
>>1052246
dont forget to lubricate your bulbs with bulb grease
>>
>>1052283
>bulb grease
Don't listen to this retard. Vaseline works just fine and costs less unless you really believe in orange branded car products.
>>
>>1052283
>>1052291

>lubricate your bulb with grease
>smears grease all over the glass bulb
>bulb heats up and explodes
>glass shards inside the lens body
>have to pull out entire headlight to fix
>op has no father and falls to the ground in a fetal position
>>
OP while you have the bulb out you may as well top up the blinker fluid
>>
>>1052283
it's just silicone grease, like $1 in the plumbing section

you really shouldn't be getting moisture in there or holding water, check the vents for bugs and spiders.
>>
>>1052258
Even women can change lightbulbs, OP
>>
Considering its your first car I'd suggest checking the indicator fluids to make sure they're topped up.

You'll also need to change the air in your tyres to accommodate the weather for where you live.
>>
>>1052756
OP take it to a shop before you fuck it up. Lord knows you'll fuck up changing a bulb, you fatherless nub.
>>
>>1052246
https://haynes.com/en-us/subaru/impreza/2002-2014

Buy this book and go away. As a car owner you need to be able to fix your own car without internet strangers holding your hand. Changing a light bulb on a japanese car is babby tier.
>>
>>1052868
But it's a Legacy, not an Impreza.
>>
>>1052876
https://haynes.com/en-us/subaru-legacy-1990-1999-legacy-models-inc-outback-brighton-haynes-repair-manual fucking find it yourself.
>>
>>1052246
If the bulb isn't the issue, most likely it's one of the 3 wires that connects to your bulb. It could be damaged their or at the main wire harness block under your battery holder. You should get a manual that shows how to work on your car and research it
>>
>>1052251
Eh it might be is headlight fluid tho.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.