[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I build an adult human sized version of this? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

How can I build an adult human sized version of this? I don't care about decorating the outside like a shark or anything else, I just want to figure out the structure.
>>
>>
>>1051965
There is no padding in the walls, the floor is hard and not comfy, no, this will not do.
>>
>>1051971
There is no room for anything inside that bag...there needs to be room. Like at least as much room as a twin sized bed...but preferably in a circle
>>
>>1051979
The issue is that the fabric structure that those are based out of will collapse on itself if you made that the size of a twin sized bed
>>
I'd go inflatable
>>
>>1051991
This could work but you would need a good base of cushion-like material
>>
>>1051965
>>1051967
Jesus christ.
Just sew padding to the sides and throw a cushion on the floor.
>>
>>1051959
Sounds like what you are looking for a sleeping pod. Try looking up different designs and finding one that looks comfy enough and still easy to build. All you really need is some type of outer structure, and some rolls of memory foam, and some upholstery fabric to cover it.
>>
File: 3.jpg (149KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
149KB, 1200x800px
>>1052064
forgot pic
>>
>>1051995
>>1051967

This is DIY, make one with cushions.
>>
>>1052148
CLOSE CELLED FOAM, regularly used in mattresses/mattress toppers and in various pillows/pads. Get shark pattern, get closed-cell foam, Have inner pattern smaller than larger pattern, cut and sew foam into bottom and sides. Now the human cat is happy.
>>
File: HUSH-Chair-1.jpg (35KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
HUSH-Chair-1.jpg
35KB, 500x525px
>>1051959
Copy this design and build a giant one out of thick ass felt (even if it does look like a vagina).
>>
I saw this at a furniture show I got to go to a couple years ago. The door closed and it was actually massive on the inside. Like 4 feet wide about.
>>
File: 2014-05-18 16.32.05.jpg (218KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-18 16.32.05.jpg
218KB, 1200x1600px
>>1052288
totally padded and super quiet on the inside too. I've wanted one ever since but it was a one off and probably cost a shit load.
>>
>>1052292
>cost a shitload
>student design competition
serious doubt
If some 20-something student can make one with the assistance of the university machine shop, then so can you.

They didn't even bother to smooth out the sides.
>>
>>1052572
the thing was covered in laminate, that's why it was built in rings like that. Did you actually think the rings were an accident?

Also, I meant to buy that one would have been expensive. Most one off furniture pieces like that cost a ton because of all the labor involved, not because the material cost.
>>
>>1052288
Pretty rad
>>
>>1052598
>did you think the rings were an accident
Yes. Art schools don't teach technical skills, and haven't for a long time. They teach how to be bullshit artists.
>>
File: tranquilitypod-03.jpg (18KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
tranquilitypod-03.jpg
18KB, 600x362px
>>1052598
>Most one off furniture pieces like that cost a ton because of all the labor involved, not because the material cost
it only involves so much labor because it's a one-off concept piece. If this was a production piece, the whole outer shell would be a couple pieces of molded plastic bolted together and sprayed down with enamel. And the interior would be lazer cut foam and upholstery that just gets sown together and fitted in place. Not really that much more work than an equivalent sized recliner/sofa. Only reason something like this would cost a lot of money is because it's a niche/novelty, which people will pay more for.
>>
>>1051983
He could run some ten poles through it, to give it some structure.
>>
>>1052662
The guy who designed it built the entire thing himself. He was from an industrial design school.
>>
You could use hulahoops as the skeleton, and foam around that.
>>
File: PEX-Red-Coil.jpg (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PEX-Red-Coil.jpg
102KB, 1000x1000px
>>1055586
Or he could use pex tubing. It's super cheap and you can get it at home depot.
>>
>>1051967
Maybe you're looking for foam then...
https://youtu.be/VjQ7buw_4zE
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.