[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob here. I have a train ticket and I am trying to create a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20160907_192025.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_192025.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Noob here.
I have a train ticket and I am trying to create a protective baggy for it. I have this zip lock but it is too large. How would I go about making it smaller without fucking it up?
I though about cutting it and using a lighter to melt the plastic so it seals. Anyone have any better ideas on how to melt the plastic? No bully ty
>>
>>1050963
...fold the bag over the ticket where it's too big and tape it?
>>
>>1050963

cut around ticket while in bag

light with lighter to seal

or you can iron the sides if your not a savage
>>
even if you were to manage a smaller bag through melting it'd fall apart easily and serve no ticket protection purpose. quit being a fucking wierdo
>>
>>1050963
>how to melt the plastic?
make a hot wire cutter
use the hot wire cutter to cut the baggie to size
>>
Literally the dumbest thread I've seen on DIY, please report to your nearest mental hospital for a quick lobotomy, retard.
>>
>>1050989
Literally the dumbest reply I've seen on DIY, please report to your nearest mental hospital for a quick lobotomy, retard.
>>
fold? wtf
>>
>>1050963
Actually, if you put it through a standard laminator (with proper laminator sheet, not the bag) - cut around the edges? done. You need to take the ticket back out, cut really close to the edge, itll open up again. Or buy a bag that size, get box with asorted sizes in supermarkets (used for freezing, etc.). A drool-proof train ticket = always good.
>>
File: IMG_0938 (1).jpg (538KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938 (1).jpg
538KB, 2592x1936px
DONT DRINK THE HATERADE!!! I have mad many handmade plastic bags in my day!!!! lets start from the top
>>
File: IMG_0941 (1).jpg (403KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0941 (1).jpg
403KB, 2592x1936px
First cut the bag to size
>>
File: IMG_0943.jpg (382KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0943.jpg
382KB, 3264x2448px
Then CAREFULLY iron the bag
>>
File: IMG_0947.jpg (403KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0947.jpg
403KB, 3264x2448px
or if your a "savage" you can burn the bag
>>
File: IMG_0948.jpg (475KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0948.jpg
475KB, 3264x2448px
OUCH!!!
>>
File: IMG_0946.jpg (490KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0946.jpg
490KB, 3264x2448px
Test for water resistance
>>
File: IMG_0949.jpg (425KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.jpg
425KB, 3264x2448px
Not too bad! i think they will still let you on the train, I have been on amtrak many timnes. Its fun, you can meat many differant ppl. just dont forget to bring your own water because the on board h20 is a dizaster, and an open mind! :) are you going on a long trip? where are you goign? HAVE FUN!~!!
>>
This thread is the most autistic thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>1052551
>>1052553
>>1052554
>>1052555
>>1052556
>>1052557
>>1052558

>can't spell ticket
>can't post properly oriented pic
>I should listen to this guy...
>>
>>1052562
OP might be on this train for a couple days.
On/off and different stops, no idea what the weather will be like.
Have to show ticket everytime he reboards.
I would want to protect it also- its not autistic, its insurance to not get stranded in the middle of the country/middle of a foreign country.
>>
>>1052573
He's acting like there is only one size baggie in the world and it doesn't fit his ticket perfectly.

GET A BAGGIE THAT'S A BETTER FIT!
Fold and tape his baggie
Fold and don't bother to tape his baggie
Have it laminated
Keep it in a dry place. Don't show it until he's out of the weather
IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
>>
>>1052577
Takes like 60 seconds to cut a baggy and melt it with a lighter.
Sounds pretty autistic to drive to the store and browse the aisle looking for a baggy that fits the ticket perfectly (which doesn't exist).
Folding the seal will cause it to leak.
Laminating it will usually void it (can't tell if its been altered).
Some areas have very unpredictable weathr- I've watched my thermometer drop from 95° to 70° and start raining within 15 minutes.
>>
For fuck sake, just keep the goddamned thing in your wallet.
>>
BUY a car ( im the guy who cant spell tickeyt and autistic #your worst friend)
>>
>>1052558
Thx anon.
>>
>>1050963
Glue and a knife. Or duck tape with wd40 so it can slip out the case more easily.
>>
Is this B00EMKE8OI if searched on Amazon not what you want?
>>
Any pics of OP raped in a greyhound bathroom yet?
>>
>>1050963
use a lighter to heat up the scissor blades to quite hot, then cut and seal the bag at the same time?
>>
>>1053805
Point for creativity, but there would be problems with melting scissor handles.
He would have to use full metal scissors AND wear thicker leather gloves to not get burned.
And afterwards such scissors would quickly loose the edge.

Hot wire cutter works great.
If one don't have one at hand and can't be bothered to make one, there is easy solution to make lighter-melting-seal nice, straight and watertight.
Just clasp the baggie between two wooden boards, with the rim you want to seal on the outside. When you heat it over lighter, it wont melt whats between the boards, giving you straight seal that should also be watertight.
>>
>>1054134
you shouldn't be heating the scissors past their tempering point... by the time you draw a temper on a scissors with a lighter you will run out of lighter fluid
>>
This thread is fucking gold.
>>
buy a board game (some come with pieces all in large ziplock baggie about that size, check GMT's COIN series.)
>>
Week old bread.
OP is died or is at the bakery outlet and his ass is on sale for 98¢
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.