[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parachute-project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: parachute1.gif (2KB, 388x254px) Image search: [Google]
parachute1.gif
2KB, 388x254px
I'm not sure whether this is a common thing on here or not.
But i'm having this project in school. We're gonna make parachutes. Mostly for calculating stuff and such for physics, but also just because the teachers want us to du stuff.
I don't have that much to make it from, but i could probably rip an umbrella and use it's fabric. I'm pretty sure that i've got some wire lying around. I could probably make if from plasticfoil or something too, i have no idea.
Could i loan an idea of yours?
I'm not sure how heavy the bottle we will be dropping is though. It was either 0.25kg or 0.5kg.
>>
>>1050216
Fuck you, you didn't google it.
>>
>>1050217
I did, but i'm empty
>>
>>1050216
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+small+parachute
>>
>>1050218
no you didn't.
>>
>>1050221
I did, both in class and now
>>
I kind of was hoping for a more welcoming reaction here. Now i remember though, this is 4chan
>>
>you must be 18 to post on this site
>>
>>1050227
look, 1D10T making a toy parachute is something you should know how to do since you were about 5 years old. You don't google it, and we know this because of your question and that a quick simple google search provides instructions. you're a lazy millennial. jebus christ, the picture you posted shows exactly how to make one.

grab a trash bag
cut a square
attache string
put weight at bottom
fold carefully
toss in air

how fucking hard is that? I was doing that in pre school.
>>
>>1050216
>I'm not sure whether this is a common thing on here or not.
it's not, this is kindergarten level physics
>But i'm having this project in school. We're gonna make parachutes. Mostly for calculating stuff and such for physics, but also just because the teachers want us to du stuff.
Why are you in school, learning is not for everyone, maybe you could dig ditches.
>I don't have that much to make it from, but i could probably rip an umbrella and use it's fabric. I'm pretty sure that i've got some wire lying around. I could probably make if from plasticfoil or something too, i have no idea.
Well you do have ideas you just aren't listening to them.
>Could i loan an idea of yours?
no.

try making a parachute and when it failes try a different way until you get something that works. we called this "playing" when I was a kid. it was something you did outdoors because video games and cell phones did not exist back then.
>>
This isn't Mary Poppins.
>>
This is really easy. I was thinking of this shit when I was little for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1050216
I was making those when I was 8.
>grab trash bag
>cut 30x30cm squares
>cut 4x 30cm sewing thread
>attach thread to corners using tape
>tie extremes of the threads toguether
>attach 16mm metal nut
>???
>profit

Also, this >>1050236
>>
>>1050227
>do my homework and research for me
Fuck you
>>
>>1050227
This board is /diy/ aka DO IT YOURSELF. Not ask people to do it for you. The way this board works is you DO IT YOURSELF, them post pics here to brag about it. Worst case scenario, you build 90% of it but don't know how to attach your chute to a live crab and need advise.
>>
>>1050216
>I don't have that much to make it from, but i could probably rip an umbrella and use it's fabric. I'm pretty sure that i've got some wire lying around. I could probably make if from plasticfoil or something too, i have no idea.

This is the part where you get educated and learn what works for a parachute and what doesn't by experimenting. In the old days, we actually experimented by hand to see firsthand how it works. Today, people can cheat and google other people's work and see the results without putting in any effort.

You're at the bottom tier of not even trying to look up other people's work.
>>
Did this when I was in school as well, except with eggs. We had to make a parachute that would keep an egg from breaking.

All but two people made simple parachutes. One kid made some sort of crazy helicopter device, he went on to MIT, ofc. I drilled a small hole in the egg and emptied the inside, then painted over the hole to hide it.

I got an F.
>>
>>1051975
I took coat hangers and made a tetrahedron shape that the egg sat inside of with some cotton batting as cushion. The coat hanger wires extended out like a pointy death machine. held together with rubber bands

>class laughs ass off
>"Anon that thing looks like shit, your egg will break hurr"
>everyone dropping parachutes
>bubblewrap
>cardboard boxes inside cardboard boxes like babushka dolls
>second to last one to drop egg
>dropped from a height of 15'
>electronic system drops device and times it
>1.01 seconds
>egg survives
>win because the competition was to drop the fastest and survive
>>
>>1051975

Back when I was in grade school, we had to build a container to keep an ice cube from melting for as long as possible. It was an interesting little science project.
>>
>>1052446
>Built a styrofoam body fashioned to look like the Enterprise
>Called it the NCC-1701 USS EGGTERPRISE
>Complete with silver paint, flashing port and starboard lights, and lightup nacelles
>Threw that shit over the gym roof
>Survives, because maximum science

In subsequent years, the physics teacher changed the rules so that grade is also based on percentage of egg exposed since he admits that simply grabbing a paper bag willed with styrofoam peanuts would also work.

BUT IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T REACH WARP 9
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.