[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of this /diy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 3dnmeamhbljx.jpg (1023KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
3dnmeamhbljx.jpg
1023KB, 2448x3264px
what do you think of this /diy/?
>>
>>1049752
it is kinda ugly. but i guess you are american so well done: your wall now is twice as thick as usual. and that's clearly a win for murrican craftmansship.
>>
>>1049752
I think it could look cool.

I also think you're a massive alcoholic. But so am I, so whatever. I don't judge.
>>
>>1049752
What did you use to seal it?
>>
What a great way to invest time and money to devalue your property
>>
>>1049752
Hello r.eddit user.
What brings you here.
>>
>>1049757
>your wall now is twice as thick as usual
hey, its added insulation!
>>
>>1049759
would it really even have to be sealed?
>>
>>1049752
It must be hard as fuck to clean. Especially in a kitchen, if grease or greasy dust ends up here... Have fun with your sponge :)
Also, wouldn't it smell weird if the air is somewhat humid ?
>>
Would've looked better if you used Lincoln logs or something. Probably less expensive too if you're the one who drank all that wine.
>>
File: womens studies.jpg (65KB, 630x721px) Image search: [Google]
womens studies.jpg
65KB, 630x721px
>>1049752
I think you should block pinterest at the router's firewall and seriously consider taking away your wife's credit card.
>>
File: you are a.png (794KB, 896x943px) Image search: [Google]
you are a.png
794KB, 896x943px
>Cork stopper says Beringer on it
>>
oh jesus that's the kitchen counter. revolting
>>
>>1049775
Cork is a natural product and will degrade over time so it would be a good idea to give it a couple of coats of a clear matt varnish, this will darken it a little but it means it will also be easier to clean.
>>
>>1049770
This
>>
>>1049752
Can't say I like it.
>>
I have a rather large collection of corks. Any ideas...besides this?
>>
>>1049774
>more cushion for the pushin'
>>
>>1049752
get wet from the splashes from the sink
get moldy
???
PROFIT

that acoustic tho
>>
>>1049752
This looks like hipster wino horseshit.
>>
>>1049752
Looks fucking terrible, I hope you found that picture on the internet and didn't actually do that in your kitchen.
>>
>>1049953
This
I'd kill someone who did this to my house
>>
>>1049850
what? cork, like any other wood, will last hundreds of years as long at it is kept dry and free of mildew. hell, even sealed in a wine bottle, cork will last a long time.

just make sure you don't get repeated instances of condensation on it.
>>
>>1049994
>kept dry
>plastered around the kitchen sink
lol
>>
Anyone who has that many corks around has an alcohol problem
>>
>>1049935
Throw them away
Make a boat
Burn them?
>>
>>1049752
Pinterest had allot of photoshoped pictures so some things look for there but trouble irl
>>
>>1049752
With that white shit? Terrible.

Mite b cool for a wine closet.
>>
>>1049758
You know you can just buy corks
>>
>>1049994
Cork will crack and crumble if it dries out. That's why wine bottles are stored lying on their sides, so the cork stays moist.
>>
>>1049752
i think you ruined a perfectly good plate with construction adhesive.
>>
Sorry OP but that's FUGLY.
>>
>>1049752
Wow
It totally doesn't look like a fire hazard
>>
I agree it would look horrible in a regular kitchen. It could look cool in a bar if done correctly though, or like a man cave bar
>>
>>1049752
Looks pretty cool to me, I think that most of the faggots ITT are overreacting to the number of corks. If you drink wine regularly, it would be easy to accumulate that wall's worth. Especially since the things are fucking cut in half.

the one legitimate criticism is this guy. >>1049781. Definitely wouldn't use it in front of the range.
>>
>>1049752
I think somebody shat in your ashtray and then glued a load of corks to the wall as a prank
>>
>>1049752
Good for a wine retailer or tasting lodge, i guess.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
34KB, 480x360px
obli di obla da
>>
>>1050134
Where is the fun in that
>>
I would mount the corks to plywood and then screw or nail the board to the wall at the corners. Leave space to hide the heads with a few final (and easily identifiable) corks.

Filling in few small holes with bog is easy. Chipping all that trash off your wall when you inevitably get over it is not.
>>
>>1049752
I think it's kinda gross, I do like cork made things. But they can't be a wall. And have to look nicer than that.
>>
bugs like roaches actually love to eat cork, GL with that.
>>
>>1049752
I kinda like it anon

but I second what >>1051091
said
>>
Looks like some terrible dogshit. Maybe if the corks were a consistent size, and not stained with red wine it could have a nice looking effect. As is though, just kill yourself. You've fucked your kitchen up.
>>
>>1049752
You can buy a pack of nine 300x300mm sealed cork floor tiles for £9.99.

That's considerably cheaper than buying all that wine.
>>
>>1050138
This. Corks are living. They need proper nutrients so they don't die and dry out. Wine in perfect for them.
>>
>>1049752
I don't personally like it, I wouldn't want for me or where I live.
But that is just my personal opinion for myself, other people may like it. I don't.
>>
>>1052360
So you vote denocrat?
>>
>>1049752
Is that a cork wall, in a kitchen? Judging by the dish soap and the counter, it is. If so I'd be worried about mold and rot. Cork is porous and not easily wiped off. I'd suggest removing the bottom rows up to the window's lower edge and replace them with tile. If you feel you must have a wall of corks.
>>
>>1052364
>"i don't like it but that doesn't matter"
>democrat
democrats are as bad as republicans; >>1052360 is modeling a libertarian mindset
>>
>>1052364
OP asked for opinions on a work that -we can assume- he made. I don't like it, but I don't have to. He's the one living there, doing that and so he's the one that must like it, not me.
He has no reason to feel negatively because of my rejection -although is very common- and I wanted to tell him so.
>>
Can you take a picture from a few feet back. Might look better for people of they get the overall vibe of the kitchen.
>>
>>1049752
I'm guessing you drink a lot. This should help you avoid (further) brain damage from drunkenly staggering/falling headlong into walls.

This mandated by housing council in bongland? (for your safety)
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.