[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of mold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1472757135380.png (204KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472757135380.png
204KB, 500x500px
How do I get rid of mold?
>>
Need more information than that. What kind of mold? Where is it? What's it growing on?
A bleach solution will work in most situations, but you need to keep the bleach to water ratio at 1:16 or lower depending on what you're cleaning, whether it's a living space, the quality of the ventilation, etc.
>>
>>1049528
>A bleach solution will work in most situations
Bleach's strength is ionic, and as such the killing power stays on the surface. You'll need other things (like quatenary ammonium) to penetrate below the surface. That said, bleach can't hurt. But mold is fucking tough, and mold spores are everywhere.
>>
>>1049468
Their website makes it look like scam shit, but concrobium actually works pretty well. BUT the mold was caused by something, and if you don't fix that problem, you're fucked.

Similarly if the mold has penetrated porous surfaces too thoroughly, you're going to have to trash it.

So anything paper or cloth, toss. Same with the sheet rock. Any wood studs, take and shave with a knife, if the wood inside is also black, it has to go. Fix your moisture problem. Spray everything with the concrobium, and follow instructions on label. Seal cleaned surfaces with Kilz or similar. Rebuild the demo's shit (lay new floor coverings, put on new sheetrock, etc).

Get your air quality tested before moving back in.
>>
>>1049532
Quat?

Could OP go to a restaurant supply and get some quat sanitizer and use that?
>>
>>1049551
short answr: yes.
>>
I've heard that vinegar works.
>>
Eat it
>>
File: batman.png (172KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
172KB, 900x900px
Don't use bleach ever on mold, it doesn't kill it, it may get rid of the wall stations on the surface but will leave the heavy duty mold behind to regrow back to the surface. Mold is the thing I would never cheap out on to save a few bucks.
>>
>>1049468
You have to rape it.
>>
Clove oil works well in hard to wipe places like shover joins and what not. And it will kill it. Don't put heaps on and wipe as much as can off after a short time
>>
I've seen a crew of pros work on a fire damaged house with mold due to the water the firefighters used to put out the fire.

They ripped out all the sheetrock and insulation in the walls, coated the studs with some sort of fungicide that came in the form of a white powder, and replaced the sheetrock and insulation. Sorry, can't give specifics, but that's what I saw and that's what I would insist they do incase of a serious mold problem.
>>
Hydrogen peroxide helps.
>>
File: image.jpg (471KB, 1628x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471KB, 1628x1932px
>>1049468
It has to be somewhere on this list. The fungal remover may work as well if there is no mold removal recipe. If it doesn't have a *, just use an evenly balanced mix in a bottle.
>>
>>1049634
Let's see... Toothpaste = cooking oil + baking soda and better toothpaste = toothpaste + baking soda. Using your 1:1 ratio I should get better toothpaste by mixing 3/4 of baking soda with 1/4 of cooking oil.

I'm sure that's an extremely useful infographic and that's why the author spent only half of the text covering his ass and telling you to not trust it.
>>
>>1049468
5% bleach + 95% water will kill mold on the surface.
The problem is the humidity tho; mold can't grow without humidity. And if the humidity is still present, the mold will keep growing back.
Gotta reduce the humidity. Better ventilation.
>>
File: because.gif (671KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
because.gif
671KB, 245x150px
>>1049468
Vinegar (i.e. any 5% solution of acetic acid in water) kills any mold. Any remaining vinegar will decompose to water and carbon dioxide within a few days. Works especially well on leather and other organic materials. Be careful with metal surfaces as acetic acid, as vinegar tends to corrode them.
>>
>>1049468
Borax. Wash your sheets with it, sprinkle it on carpets and bedding, mix it with water and spray as much shit with that as possible.
>>
>>1049633
You can make higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide at home that is pretty decent for killing mold. Easiest method would be to buy a gallon of food grade hydrogen peroxide at 34%- 40% solution, put it in the freezer for a couple hours and the water will freeze leaving you with a higher concentration of peroxide. It will turn your skin white temporarily and sting a little if it gets on you.
>>
>>1049468
ejaculate on it, then let it sit for about say ~15 minutes. then clean it with your tongue.
>>
Bleach works, people who claim otherwise have only sprayed some, but I've soaked walls that were like puke green close to the ceiling, aside from the ceiling itself in non-watered down bleach and it has not come back in well over a year despite rain and the wall still having water insulation issues from the attic. Keep room well ventilated for a week or you'll die, though.
>>
>>1050704

You basically salted the surface of the wall AFAICS. The residues of bleach are quite toxic on their own if you don't rinse them out.
>>
>>1050716
The most basic bleach is just sodium hypochlorite in water. It is corrosive. The residue will be salt and soda, neither being particularly toxic.
That said, bleach can react with other shit, producing more toxic residues. Dunno if mold has any significance.
>>
If it's in a house, burn it, no better way to be certain you will get all of it
>>
>>1049468
Hydrogen peroxide (Not watered down) is a good bet.
>>
>>1049468
FIRST:
get rid of the humidity in the air, wall or whatever its growing on. it will come back there or at another spot close to it if you dont get rid of the humidity.

you should get rid of the reason of a problem rather than just fighting its symptoms
>>
>>1050630
This
>>
>>1049468
You mean after fixing the moisture problem, right?
>>
Why is everyone so assblasted about mold?
It grows, you kill it with bleach, the end.

Some might grow back after two years, and then you kill it again.
>>
>>1053076
Because mold grows quickly, it's gross, it can fuck your shit, and it can be hard to deal with.
>>
Mixture of ammonia,potassium benzoate,sodiumhypochlorite,triclosan,cetylpyridiniumchloride,vinegar,cocamidopropylbetaine,monosodiumglutamate,e133 brilliant blue FCF and sprite and wa-la!
Mold is now FINISHED AND BARKRUPT.
>>
>>1049468
Shooting stars
>>
Spray bottle, warm water and 1/4 or so of the bottle cheap bleach. Soray it a couple times a day till its gone.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.