[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need the lid of this trash can to be able to rotate fairly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 123831799.jpg (138KB, 1268x1268px) Image search: [Google]
123831799.jpg
138KB, 1268x1268px
I need the lid of this trash can to be able to rotate fairly easily, as if it had bearings. Can you help to come up with a simple and hopefully cheap way to achieve this?
>>
>>1048485
get some actual bearings and then put them along the edge
>>
A bearing.
Alternatively some sort of grease.
Also alternatively two rings of some low friction material like Teflon, but I guess that's basically a bearing anyway.
>>
>>1048485
get an R2D2 and transfer the insides to the trash can so you can rotate its head while you rotate the can
>>
>>1048485
drill holes in the sliding surface and insert ball bearings and oil/grease
>>
>>1048485
Add a lazy Susan.

My only concern with 'add bearings' come when you have to take the lid off and they all fall out.
>>
File: 417KQ0WCDEL.01_SL500_.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
417KQ0WCDEL.01_SL500_.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>1048490
Even one ring of teflon would probably do the trick. Get a disposable teflon non-stick BBQ mat and cut out a ring (or two) to fit the rim of the lid.
>>
OP, why do you want a trashcan shaped like a dildo? You are far too ambitious, sir!
>>
Maybe your thinking to hard about moving the top. Why not use one of those spinner things on the bottom and rotate the whole bin not just the top.
>>
>>1048485
>I need the lid of this trash can to be able to rotate fairly easily, as if it had bearings. Can you help to come up with a simple and hopefully cheap way to achieve this?
Not without knowing what the edges of the two pieces looks like up close.
Also I'd want to know how it is going to get spun.
Is this a Halloween costume? Or are you using a motor in there to spin it, like a robot?
>>
File: Freeman_070612[1].jpg (19KB, 335x250px) Image search: [Google]
Freeman_070612[1].jpg
19KB, 335x250px
>>1048951
>Maybe your thinking to hard about moving the top. Why not use one of those spinner things on the bottom and rotate the whole bin not just the top.

This is why it usually helps if you fucking mongoloid OPs actually describe the problem you're trying to solve instead of strictly asking for advice on whatever retarded solution you've come up with on your own.
>>
Pointless
>>
>>1048485

seat ball transfer units flush with the plastic between the overlapping parts of the lid and body

https://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Conveyor-Transmission-Furniture-Wheelchair/dp/B01F7AND88/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473048100&sr=8-5&keywords=ball+transfer+unit
>>
Why not just put a layer of PTFE tape along the mating edges?
>>
One of those bearing rings that sit under the rotating base in a microwave come to mind.
Plenty of dead ones around for the salvage but you may have trouble finding the size you want without re-tooling.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.