[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a lot of 18650s pulled from laptop batteries, and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1444292921241.jpg (3MB, 5250x7230px) Image search: [Google]
1444292921241.jpg
3MB, 5250x7230px
I have a lot of 18650s pulled from laptop batteries, and was thinking of making a "small" power bank for my laptop.

It's a 19v Sony Vaio.

How would I go about stepping up the voltage with an adequate current? Connect them in series?
Is there an adapter that'll maintain a steady 19v output?
Am hoping for a minimum of 75% efficiency.

Pic unrelated, obviously
>>
>>1048382
problem you are going to run into is since you pulled the 18650s from multiple packs they will be different capacities, resistances, and levels of wear which is pretty bad to make a battery pack from.
>>
>>1049290
I could use them from the same pack?

That'll give me up to roughly 36w of battery power iirc
>>
>>1049294
same pack will be fine
>>
>>1049290
Get a BMS, and your moste likely fine for what you are going to do with them.
>>
>>1048382
She looks kinda retarded, doesn't she? In hindsight, like...
>>
Forgot about this picture, used to fap to it back in the day.
>>
>>1048382
Are you fine with orders from aliexpress?
>>
dude don't use those batteries, theyre shit and old

order a few samsung 30Qs and you will have a much better end result
>>
>>1048382
Ive also got close to 100 18650s with no idea what to do with them. I started building a car start module with 4s 9p but got bored.
>>
>>1050804
lmao, this is good
>>
>>1048382
i only opened the thread picause of the britney pic tbqh
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.