[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camera and screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Arducam_2.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Arducam_2.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
Sup /diy/
I'd like to make a small camera to screen device, preferably with the Arduino. Something "simple" really, a camera outputting to a small screen through an Arduino.
Problem is, there are quite a lot of models, and I'm not sure which to choose from :(
Any help ?
>>
>>1047792
Bumping for interest. I am trying to do something similar, but I don't know how to start.
>>
I got some advice from a friend, he told me I should first should the camera, then see which Arduino interfaces with it. Then pick the one fitting the best for my needs (Input/output options, computing power)
>>
You dont even need arduino for this.
Get a camera that outputs rca ( pretty much any board camera) and a screen that accepts rca
>>
Warning: I've never done this particular thing....

There are "ov7670" CCD imagers on aliexpress for $5 that communicate over I2C. Presumably there is a library out there somewhere.

The thing I've read about "Arduino video" is tho that with a regular Arduino Uno, one single 640 x 480 raw image just about fills the entire Uno's memory up. So you have to put a SD card drive on it too, and use it like a scratch disk: you stream the image directly to a file on the SD card, and then down-sample that image to a second file on the SD card, and then display *that* 2nd image. You can't just do it in the Uno's memory, there's not enough room.
And it's slow. Like 1 frame per 2 seconds, is the "live video" speed.

There was another place on aliexpress making an "Arduino Mega camera" that had an FPGA on the back of the circuit board, that you could set up to automatically downsample the images in real-time. So this worked a lot faster, but then you got images that were like 100 x 100 or something. I can't find it at all on aliexpress now tho, all I can find is the ov7670 cameras, above.
Adafruit sells a "TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video" for $40 that can do jpeg compression on the fly as small as 160 x 120, so it may be the Adafruit version of the same thing.
It is adafruit product # 397
>>
Tags
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.