[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a chair for the dentist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pic1.png (182KB, 597x1041px) Image search: [Google]
pic1.png
182KB, 597x1041px
Hello /diy/
I am starting as a dentist and I would like to have a chair for myself (pic related), but original costs too much (for me right now). So I would like to make mine.

First - does anyone have a schematic for this kind of chair?

Second - how would you figure out the "angle" part (pic related)?

I am looking for every opinion.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>1047786
Your a fucking dentist, how can you not afford a chair! Also you can afford the the handpeices the autoclaves and all of the other fancy shit. But not a chair,
Fuck you op
>>
>metal under the wood
No. I guarantee that is just bent plywood and foam.
>>
>>1047830
>just starting off

He's got bills to pay off, and unless he's an individual practice, he doesn't actually buy any of his equipment.
>>
OP here
>>1047830
>a fucking dentist, how can you not afford a chair!
I am in the middle Europe
both my parents are teachers

I will start to work under another dentist (with the lowest salary possible (first months))
>>
OP here
>>1047840
>>1047830
>he doesn't actually buy any of his equipment
equipment no, and I think that I am "too young" to ask for a 600+ euro chair, during my first week.
>>
>>1047876
how old are you?
I have it figured out
>>
>>1047882
Idk what would have age to do with it.. but I am freshly 26.
>>
>>1047883
think of it as part of the math problem, not like i a asking personal questions, also...
Do you have a chair for the patient? if you do, do you have to use it?
Also, what are you needing your chair to do exactly?
>>
>>1047885
>Do you have a chair for the patient? if you do, do you have to use it?
Yes..
>Also, what are you needing your chair to do exactly?
Just be there in a certain position. If it supports my back and arms, it would be great, but optional.
Well to be honest, I have thought about some possible ways, but I was curious if somebody (by pure luck) came across this kind of schematic.
I can adjust the position of "wings" during making it and do it rigid so they will not move. I could guess the angles of "wings", also I could make 3D model in Blender what I expect (and want)..
I was just curious if there would be a blueprint.
>>
Broke chair once
>>
>>1047786
I worked at a dental school for ~6 years and that is the weirdest dentists' chair i have ever seen. I get it, and I imagine it would be fairly comfortable for long procedures, but god damn. Ours were all standard padded stools with a swing-out arm to lean over.
>>
File: leather-office-chair-no-arms[1].jpg (26KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
leather-office-chair-no-arms[1].jpg
26KB, 500x745px
Here is an idea: Take a second hand or (cheap) new office/desk chair and screw of the vertical stuff and replace it with a DIY solution.

So you wont have to craft an actual chair but only the part where you lean against.

You can also take the bottom part (wheels etc) and craft some thing to sit on, but I just would check second hand sites and craigslist and offices who have a furniture sale, hang advertisement in supermarkets etc and write that you are searching a chair, place a photo of an example and copy your advertisement so you wont have to write it 20 times.

I won't bother to read or correct my story, so don't pay attention to my broken english, gl OP
>>
>>1047786
The real question is... Will anyone allow you to work on their teeth when they see this nig rigged monstrosity of a chair in your office? It doesnt exactly scream "im a legit dentist". Appearances are half the battle in most professions, especially medical/dental occupations.
>>
>>1050847
>Middle europe
>$600 is "out of the question"

get some perspective, Taylor.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.