[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clocks and more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: tru_luv.jpg (315KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tru_luv.jpg
315KB, 1000x1250px
Hello /diy/. I am looking for help to build some clocks as a hobby. I did some online searching for clockwork kits but only found tools, no actual "build it yourself" clocks. I have a feeling I may have used the wrong keywords or something but I cant think of what I did wrong.

I am also looking for programs that I can use to sculp the pieces of machinery in 3d on my computer and maybe tutorials on how to use said programs. This relates both to the homemade clocks I want to build and some other projects for the future. I tried Blender but it seems more geared to 3d video and image rendering instead of sculpting and autocad looked like only good for floorplants and construction plans.

Could I get some pointers on where to look and what topics to search?
>>
>>1047647
autodesk inventor or solidworks (student editions are cheap). google sketchup might work too and its free.

if you are going to be making your parts with a 3D printer you won't need any CAM software usually, but if you don't have a makerbot or something you are probably going to have to use a CNC machine.

you can always just print 2D gear templates and hand file them, but good luck. that shit takes infinite patience and hand skill.

t. mechanical engineer
>>
>>1047657
I do not have acces to a 3d printer, but I do have some conections to be able to get access to some higher end machinery to cut pieces from metal.

I will look up the programs you said and start doing some sketching on the weekend.

I still find it odd that there doesnt seem to be DIY kits for building clocks for hobbyists. It seems like such an obvious thing...
>>
>>1047658
clocks are actually precise machines. anybody can slap some gears together but making a clock that keeps accurate time is a bitch.
>>
File: clock.jpg (67KB, 634x471px) Image search: [Google]
clock.jpg
67KB, 634x471px
>>1047647
Find the bomber kid and ask him for tips.
>>
>>1047719
I want a mechanical clock, not a sandnigger lowquality bomb fuse.
>>
File: 20160624_154815.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160624_154815.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1047739
are all electronic clocks bad?
>>
File: 34145.jpg (109KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
34145.jpg
109KB, 750x750px
>>1047647
>I did some online searching for clockwork kits but only found tools, no actual "build it yourself" clocks.

You couldn't have looked very hard:

http://www.klockit.com/

I built this one. Very nice.
>>
>>1047890
>http://www.klockit.com/
I will be looking at that website, but I think I should ahve mentioned I live in Brazil, and I don't think they will ship that to here. Or if they do it will be bloody expensive.
>>
not bad, but unstoppable
>>
Watches are better
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.