[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diy life alert help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: DIYlifealert.png (391KB, 800x1278px) Image search: [Google]
DIYlifealert.png
391KB, 800x1278px
Hi guys my grandpappers aint doing so well with his old age and what not. Anyway hes been asking and heckling at me to get him a life alert. He didnt want to pay for it so i decided ill jerryrig something up similiar or even better to life alert. I have the overall schematic in my heads but i just need to rough out the kinks of how it will over all work. I think i will use some sort of good adhesive for the strap that he can have around his neck, so like gorilla glue or even nails glue. As far as getting the staples button to activate sirry upon activation. Well that part i havent figured out but i think i can also use the glue i used for the strap on the staples that was easy button to the front glass screen of of the iphone.
>>
maybe look at an amazon button
>>
>>1046196
How do you figure? I dont think i can get it all the way here. amazon wont deliver to me.
>>
>>1046198
they sell buttons for people to program themselves

https://www.amazon.com/AWS-IoT-Button-Limited-Programmable/dp/B01C7WE5WM

I believe it can be used to send an automated text when pressed
>>
>>1046202
This would definitely work.

Anyway, the expensive part of these buttons isn't the hardware, it's the 24 hour monitor service. If you hook up an amazon button, I hope your grandpa has good wifi, and that a text message can wake you out of a dead sleep. Otherwise you are going to have to live with the fact that you helped kill your grandparents.
>>
>>1046176
took too long to get to the point. I have no idea what this thread is about and fuck you OP for rambling.
>>
i just went through this with my 90 year old grandmother.

after weighing all options (life alert, security companies, bluetooth tied to smart phone things) i settle on this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDB6JFY

and since you're grandpappers is an old fuck, i bet he still has a land line.

no subscription, no smart phone, just standard land line
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.