[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hydroponics nutrient list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: hydro-garden-sept-2008.jpg (45KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
hydro-garden-sept-2008.jpg
45KB, 800x599px
I want do go into hydroponics. No, not marihuana - for starters I thought something like salad or spinach would be easy enough.

Thing is though that I can't find any lists of the micronutrients those plants need; but this seems to be something to be written down somewhere.

Can /sci/ help and point me in the right direction?
>>
I-i meant /diy/
>>
growing indoors or outdoors?

If you're growing outdoors you'd be better served growing food in soil...in my experience soil grown food tastes a lot better than hydroponic food
>>
>>1045778
Indoors.

Are you sure this is not imagination? I mean, the plants get more nutrients with hydroponics...
>>
>>1045774
if you just want to grow some vegetables easily, try something like this. It's a fun project to make in a day or two you'll have you seeds in the dirt
https://www.ccmgatx.org/media/4152/4-Spring-Into-Vegetable-Garden.pdf

Hydroponics solution is hard to maintain. soil or substrate will much better balance the pH on it's own.
>>
>>1045774
IF you feel like studying, are some books:
tinyurl hzh2g23
tinyurl ha577tx
tinyurl h3yxrsv

had to shorten them because it's dropbox links and they are big as hell.also fucking spam filter
>>
>>1045787
Cool, thank you!
>>
Not OP, but has anyone experimented with indoor hydroponics and grow led strips?

Saw a really cool article about indoor farming with leds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/japanese-plant-experts-produce-10000-lettuces-a-day-in-led-lit-indoor-farm-9601844.html

I was wondering if it was possible to replicate this setup on a much smaller scale to produce leafy greens
>>
Where to start with indoor hydroponics?

Is there any guide how to build something cheap and automate watering and light?
>>
>>1045783
Not that anon but i can tell u if a tomatoe has been grown in a shop or in the groumd blindfolded.

100% better organic.

Not to be a vegan pussy. Its just better
>>
>>1046025
>he thinks that food grown in a random environment is better than food grown in a controlled environment
Top kek
>>1045774
Here's my dead simple hydroponics set up. All there is is water, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid fertilizer. The plant is pereskiopsis spathulata. I'm not sure how well it would work with crops, but it works very well for what I'm doing. Very cheap as well.
>>
I use a concentrated 2 component nutrient kit designed by a Dutch company.

For some reason The Netherlands is the world leader in hydroponics science. I bought their 2 component kit locally, but it's available on line too. One kit lasts a lifetime even for aggressive home use. (I grow lettuce and Japanese eggplants.)

With airlift hydroponics (which I suggest you try first) you replace the water plus nutrients every week. (I pitch the mixture on my citrus trees). You only use half an ounce, more or less, of each nutrient component each week.

As others have already mentioned in this DIY thread airlift hydroponics is really, really easy.

What to do? Buy a 5 gallon bucket, a basket that fits, some substrate and an aquarium air pump and you can enjoy fresh veggies all year.
>>
Look up "general hydroponics" - they are pretty much the leader in hydroponic nutrients.
I only have hydro experience with weed but the basics are the same no matter the plant.
A very basic, easy and proven method is called Deep Water Culture or DWC. Like anon above said, a 5 gallon bucket filled with nutrient water. There are bucket lids you can buy that have a basket built into them. The plant sits in the basket in a soiless medium like hydroton, perlite/vermiculite mix, etc. The roots of the plant need oxygen or else you'll get root rot. A small aquarium air pump with a air stone at the end is perfect. There are a ton of DWC guides online that will go into much better detail than I feel like typing. If you are going to grow hydroponic, make sure you buy a ph meter along with ph up/down. A ppm meter would also be a good investment. If your water is too far off on the plants optimal ph, it will show signs such as yellowing and/or curling leaves and eventually it will die. Good luck.
>>
File: soil.jpg (976KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
soil.jpg
976KB, 2048x1536px
>>1046025
>i can tell u if a tomatoe has been grown in a shop or in the groumd blindfolded

It's true - but the method isn't the reason.
Commercially grown fruit are chosen with different characteristics in mind.

longevity once picked - shelf life
blight / mould resistance
abundant fruiting - high yields
early finishing

These features of the chosen commercial crop will often be at odds with flavour and texture - the characteristics most valued by home growers.

in short - you're a noob and hydroponics produces fantastic crops by allowing the plants to take up the nutrients they need much faster than in soil. This can be especially advantageous when growing outside and being subject to a set season. The plants grow faster and produce higher yields in a set time.

I do both soil and hydro, genetics are the key to your final flavour not method.
>>
>>1045784
>hard to maintain
just replace it every two weeks
but I agree, a pot full of dirt in the sun is much easier.

OP only do hydro if you want to do something like grow something you either dont want people to see or force growth or otherwise perform rapid propagation.
>>
>>1046319
Also, size and color. A huge bright red tomato will sell better than a small oddly colored one. Flavor is sadly low in the list of priorities for the average consumer.

Anything can be grown hydroponically if the right method is chosen. If you can take care of an aquarium, you can into hydroponics.
>>
>>1046495
its just not cost effective.
I only have a small setup but im growing 160 pereskiopsis in a 2 square foot grow tent under a 40W LED light the whole setup cost about $400 for the heat mat, tent, pots, trays, timer. grow outside and you can just plant that shit in the dirt with a 5$ trowel.

I can understand why people want to grow cash crops in a very short time frame but growing anything illegal is just too much paranoia for me.
>>
>>1046483
What even are those?
>>
>>1046529
Looks like poppyseed
>>
>>1046527
>its just not cost effective.
well that rather depends on the crop :)

for advanced gardeners it does offer advantages - but you must know what is offered and what you wish to gain.
>>
>>1046597
If sun is plentiful, but space and water are not, the numbers can work out for outdoor hydroponics.

Indoor can work if your crop is valued high enough but can not withstand the cold in your climate, and does not travel well.

Closed loop aquaponics is the final boss.
>>
>>1046527
What's the pereskiopsis for?
>>
>>1046527
>> Bought a set from ikea for 30$
>>
>>1046529
Looks like peyote
>>
>>1046203
I'm a huge fan of the system myself. Although bucket changes and watering can be a pain in the butt.
>>
>>1045774
Learned a pnemonic for this in my Plant Bio class two semesters ago
CHOPKNS CaFe ClZn CoNa MoB Mn CuMg
(C. Hopkins cafe is closing, a cona mob of men is coming). Everything after CaFe is a micronutrient, and the whole thing is every element we're sure plants need.
>>
Hypnotized
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.